Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionWideners
Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything

Thread: Super Durable Wet Black with Mihec's 358156 plain base.

Super Durable Wet Black with Mihec's 358156 plain base.

I love the way coating this looks. Tumble coating with airsoft bb's seems to work great. I experimented yesterday curing at 425 for an hour so that I can heat treat the base (water up to the top crimp groove), while letting the top hollow point air cool.

Time to experiment with how fast these plain base boolits can be pushed before leading or inaccuracy becomes an issue. I sized these to .358 ( I really wish lee made a .359 push through) but I'm also going to see how my revolvers and lever actions like this round unsized at .360

Last edited by pps; 01-28-2018 at 02:19 PM.

Banned
    pps
    I'd like to see you're boolits better, would you please put them on a white piece of paper and take another picture.
    It's kind of like looking at a black cat in the dark

You can easily enlarge a lee push through by wrapping a dowel with 400 grit sandpaper, sliding it into the die then rolling the die on your leg or?
    size a boolit often and check your progress. when you get close to the desired size, switch to 1000 grit paper and polish to the proper size.

If your not deeply invested in Lee sizing dies, NOE boolit sizing system covers a greater range and sizes and is cheaper after you get the initial
    Push Through Size Die Body ($39.95) http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.php?cPath=104_410
    then you buy the bushing and punch needed for each size http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.php?cPath=104

Good suggestion on the NOE. I have their system for my 257 air rifle boolits.

Thanks