Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garands are in ?

Garands are in ?

Garands are in ?

Shot Show announcement ....
    link:
    https://youtu.be/akYYAwaJTmQ
    It is much easier to fool people ,
    than to convince them they have been fooled !

If you can read this , thank a teacher ...
    If you can read this in English , .. thank a Vet !

Folks that don't have a Garand, should do what they need to do to acquire one.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Grand Master

99,000 Garands sounds like a lot but they won't last long.

Maybe this year. The only 30-06 I really, really want!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Since the American TAXPAYERS Already Paid for these guns ONCE, why not Sell them like the Circa M1 Carbines in 1965 for $17.50 plus $2.50 postage? I own TWO of them. When will taxpayers EVER stop paying for THEIR guns? CMP annoys me with their ESCALATED Pricing for American-Owned guns? WHO OWNS THESE GUNS?? Surely NOT CMP, despite their assumed Ownership!!!

Adam

Why does CMP "Assume" they own them?

Boolit Grand Master

I managed to get one from the CMP in the eighties for the princely sum of $156.00. To add insult to injury they sent a fully numbered Harrington & Richardson one to me...
    Old enough to know better, young enough to do it anyway!

Men who don't understand women fall into two categories: bachelors and husbands!

Boolit Master
    stubshaft,

I got my DCM/CMP Garands in 1981, delivered to my door, for $118.50 each. Again, I say we Taxpayers already bought these guns once, how much MORE should a taxpayer-funded entity CHARGE us AGAIN??? When is ENOUGH??

If no one wants an answer to my question, then you folks go pay $1,000 or $1,500 for our property, AGAIN. I got mine and have no concern.

Be well.

Adam
    Last edited by Adam Helmer; 01-27-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Boolit Master

The old DCM program was stolen from the American people just like the Social Security money of the 60's was stolen. I would like to see a movement to take the CMP gravy train back and allow the average shooter a chance to won one without breaking the bank. And quit allowing the well healed buying up 10 or 12 a year to double or triple their money later. DCM allowed one rifle or pistol to be bought and that was it. I use to shoot local competition on pistol, rifle, muzzleloader, skeet & trap. We paid our way and did not have a government penny to help us. The National Matches should have to do the same. The old DCM was started for very good reason and could and should be revived. my opinion anyway, james

Boolit Master
    TNsailorman,

Sir, you are far too logical! I cannot understand how Government Property cannot be released back to the Taxpayers at a modest cost? Taxpayers bought the Property, Own the Property, and then an "AGENCY" will assess the COST to get back to Taxpayers THEIR OWN Property! WHAT a Country?

Adam

Boolit Master

Because it is for education....you know kids.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Helmer View Post
    Since the American TAXPAYERS Already Paid for these guns ONCE, why not Sell them like the Circa M1 Carbines in 1965 for $17.50 plus $2.50 postage? I own TWO of them. When will taxpayers EVER stop paying for THEIR guns? CMP annoys me with their ESCALATED Pricing for American-Owned guns? WHO OWNS THESE GUNS?? Surely NOT CMP, despite their assumed Ownership!!!

Adam

Why does CMP "Assume" they own them?
    Clinton/Gore tried to kill the DCM. The Republicans and some blue dog dems forced them to transfer and allow the sale to fund the CMP. While I much prefer the DCM I will gladly purchase from the CMP to help fund their shooting programs.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    Clinton/Gore tried to kill the DCM. The Republicans and some blue dog dems forced them to transfer and allow the sale to fund the CMP. While I much prefer the DCM I will gladly purchase from the CMP to help fund their shooting programs.
    Same here, but I already have several. I cherry picked through a few more than several to get my keepers (Heaven forbid I sold some) The CMP is a totally worthwhile program for youth/education shooting. As Char Gar said, if you don't have one yet...you really need to get one (or more). Thing is...it's a "Luck of the Draw" thing. Sometimes you get a diamond, but other times you might get coal. The CMP is great to deal with if you have real problems. I miss Orest.

Boolit Master

I want one.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Boolit Master

Wow, Just Wow
    A positive announcement and negative responses.
    Go figure....dale

They should sell them to us for $500/limit one per customer. Then give the money directly to the veterans who used them.
    Thomas

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by stubshaft View Post
    I managed to get one from the CMP in the eighties for the princely sum of $156.00. To add insult to injury they sent a fully numbered Harrington & Richardson one to me...

YUP! That`s what I paid for my last Garand.Robert

Boolit Master
    The limit is 8 guns a year and many buy the limit, swap out parts to make them more correct, keep the gems and sell the dogs. And make a little money to boot

Boolit Master

Not seeing any "Sign Up" page on CMP site yet; and did not see any message of "Coming Soon". Guess we will have to wait and keep the community informed if we should see the Garands show up on the CMP site. Back in the 1980's I got an HR and the wife got a Winchester Garand from DCM. Need to add another to the Safe so we have one each to leave to the Grandkids (unless we add more Grandkids and need some more Garands).
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

In Remembrance

Kinda want to know how much `gold` the CMP will be asking for the M-1`s and in what grades?Robert

Boolit Grand Master

The DCM was a different entity than the CMP is. Part of the CMPS charter now is they have to be self supporting and sell at "market" value now. The DCN sold rifles as is with little sorting or repair the CMP does do some repairs and sorting now. When I was competing it was a good way for a newbie to get started out. Shoot the spring DCM beginners match and you were qualified to by your rifle with that match and the 4 hour hour class and practice the day before. We had 200 garands from Erie ordanance on the line Some blocked M16s from the local National Guard on the line. Ammo was also supplied. All the new shooters need was a lunch and personal gear ( stool, mat, glove, binoculars or spotting scope). ORPA members and National Guard volenteers provided coaching assistance on the line. and ran the match.
    The new enity isn't the same or under the same charter as the old one due to the government.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast