MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline FabricationWideners
Load DataRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Repackbox

Thread: Yamalube 2 cycle golf car oil

Yamalube 2 cycle golf car oil

(This is my first time making a post, so if I'm doing something wrong just remove it)
    Ok so I was in my basement just now and there's a couple cases of this Yamaha Yamalube 2 cycle golf cart oil. I'm wondering if this is a type that would be useable on my molds as a lube/treatment? If so then I'm in business, I have about 20+ quarts of this stuff down there. I'm not seeing synthetic anywhere on the jugs. Somebody help me out, and let me know what y'all think, thanks

Vendor Sponsor

It will probably be fine .. you will know for sure after one use .. I use 2 cycle chain saw oil (kind you mix with gas for the engine) and it works just fine
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

I've thought about 2 cycle mixes.. And the consistency and everything about this is pretty close to the mould lube I have now. So that's what I'll be doing tomorrow, I'm sure it will be obvious fast on whether it works the way it should or not. But thanks, I just wanted to hear somebody else say it should be ok. If so, I'll never have to buy more in my lifetime.

Boolit Grand Master

It should be fine. apply a very thin coat.. I use a couple q-tips for this. I get a small spot on a q-tip and wipe the bottom of the sprue plate and top of the blocks with a even coat. Then a dry q-tip to remove the excess and further even it out. You don't need to see oil but just the sheen of it there. I then very lightly lube the alighnment pins, moulds mount pins screws in the handles sprue plate hinge nand handles hinge pin with it. Only small amount it needed for this. one of the pre mix bottles last forever here.

Yea that's what I'll do, I've seriously got over 20 quarts jugs. I'll never need any ever again, so I'm hoping it works really well. I knew I would eventually find a way to use those, I forgot they were down there, haven't seen them in a couple years. I live on a golf course so I wouldn't be surprised if there's a few old cases still laying around

Banned
    Adding to what country gent said. You should fill the mold and cut the sprue first leaving the boolits in the mold [this help keep the lube out of the cavities. [shake the bottle with the lid still on, remove the lid and swap up some oil from the lid] Apply a very light sheen with a q-tip then wipe it dry with whatever is clean at hand (I use paper towel)
    You can also use this to lube the pins in the mold [again make great pains to keep it out of the cavities. you get it in the cavities (and you will at one time or another) temp fix smoke cavity with match or lighter, it may require scrubbing out again.

Let us know how it turns out so we can learn from your mistakes (just kidding about the mistakes part)

We share the good/the bad/the ugly on here to help other members and possibly prevent them from something that didn't turn out so well (like pulling grandpas finger)

Moderator Emeritus

I last bought synthetic 2 stroke oil for 99 cents. It was enough to mix one gallon of gas and I am set for decades.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master

It should work fine. I would give it a try. Each mold only needs a fraction of a drop so you should have plenty!