Snyders JerkyLoad DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2RepackboxWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone try Z Cast Bullets ?

Boolit Mold
    I'm sure I'll figure out what's happening Scattershot. Let me know if you want a sample anyway. I'll send you some just for your trouble. I made the same offer to the customer I spoke to. I'll be back in a while to let ya'll know what happens. Till then, thanx for all the input.

RocknRoll Glad you saw the comments and are doing the changes that needed to be addressed and hope you get things going your way! I hope that you didn’t feel that I or we as a group where personally attacking you. I for one hope you do well and have fun doing the job I had once and after a time don’t miss. Good Luck and Have Fun! Clint

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by clintsfolly View Post
    RocknRoll Glad you saw the comments and are doing the changes that needed to be addressed and hope you get things going your way! I hope that you didn’t feel that I or we as a group where personally attacking you. I for one hope you do well and have fun doing the job I had once and after a time don’t miss. Good Luck and Have Fun! Clint
    Hey Ya'LL !!! After some research and questions, I have a little light for the subject. I noticed that the lube in Scattershots pics appeared a bit light in color. I noticed this again in a recent lubing session. No help looking online, so after calling Magma Engineering, they said that the light color was due to AIR in the lube line. Talked me thru it and took about 10 minutes to cure the problem. My thought was that the air was compromising the lube integrity and it was falling out. But the Magma gurus say that departing lube is most usually caused by cold temperatures. We've had some cold stuff here recently, as well I am not sure what these bullets were subject to during shipping. I have a GREAT deal of stock that has been stored in a cold warehouse. So it looks like for awhile I will be re-opening each box, inspecting and re-packing before shipping them to customers. I had a feeling that the faulty lube might be temperature related. As far as the fins that scattershot mentioned, I'd like to know if you found very many of them, because that is something that should not get passed me on a large scale. The way I am producing, I am sure that a select few sneak past, but then that is why I always add a few extras in each box. Fins are caused by molds that don't close correctly while casting. Most usually noticed while lube feeding but occasionally missed. These are budget bullets for budget shooters, (Next year we will have another brand for the quality junkies as well). I'm going to do some random diameter checks soon and will get back here with my findings since someone here mentioned the diameters. But each one of these goes thru the same harder than H3ll sizing dies and I've never had a diameter problem before. I'm not expecting any variance there. Till then, I thank everyone for calling this to my attention. Anything else that anyone sees of some concern please let me know.

Boolit Mold
    Hey Ya'LL !!! After some research and questions, I have a little light for the subject. I noticed that the lube in Scattershots pics appeared a bit light in color. I noticed this again in a recent lubing session. No help looking online, so after calling Magma Engineering, they said that the light color was due to AIR in the lube line. Talked me thru it and took about 10 minutes to cure the problem. My thought was that the air was compromising the lube integrity and it was falling out. But the Magma gurus say that departing lube is most usually caused by cold temperatures. We've had some cold stuff here recently, as well I am not sure what these bullets were subject to during shipping. I have a GREAT deal of stock that has been stored in a cold warehouse. So it looks like for awhile I will be re-opening each box, inspecting and re-packing before shipping them to customers. I had a feeling that the faulty lube might be temperature related. As far as the fins that scattershot mentioned, I'd like to know if you found very many of them, because that is something that should not get passed me on a large scale. The way I am producing, I am sure that a select few sneak past, but then that is why I always add a few extras in each box. Fins are caused by molds that don't close correctly while casting. Most usually noticed while lube feeding but occasionally missed. These are budget bullets for budget shooters, (Next year we will have another brand for the quality junkies as well). I'm going to do some random diameter checks soon and will get back here with my findings since someone here mentioned the diameters. But each one of these goes thru the same harder than H3ll sizing dies and I've never had a diameter problem before. I'm not expecting any variance there. Till then, I thank everyone for calling this to my attention. Anything else that anyone sees of some concern please let me know.

Boolit Mold
    P.S. Clintsfolly, If that's actually YOU in that picture........that is one cool SANTA BEARD !!!

Boolit Mold
    Rocknroll, what bullet alloy are you casting from, and about what BHN do you reckon your bullets are ending up at?

Also not trying cast any doubts here however I can't help but notice some of your thumbnail pictures appear to be taken directly from MBC's site.

Example being the 158gr RNFP in .357:

http://missouribullet.com/details.ph...ry=9&keywords=

https://www.jacobeagle.com/product-p...357-158gr-rnfp
    Last edited by kipk49; 03-16-2018 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Typo

Boolit Mold
    Thanx Kipk49. Apparently that IS in fact a pic from MBS. (Probably more than one) It was not intentional, but it is something I'll have to repair. Some of the pics on my website are from the old website under the James Zeigler administration. I made a few of my own pics with limited results. Whenever I added a new caliber to the list, or when some of the old pics I was not able to use, I just went to the internet and lifted stock photos from there. I can see that might have been a mistake. My first thought was that MBC must have got their pics from the internet too, but after looking at their website I am certain that these are in fact MBC's pics and someone has peeled from them and put their pics on the internet, I just happened to get theirs. I am guessing now that any pics I find on the internet may have been ripped from someone else. SO, I guess I will be making new pictures. I'm learning all this tech stuff on the fly. I was computer stupid when I started this gig. Anyway, thanx for calling this to my attention, and if anyone has communications with MBS please apologize for me. I'll fix this as soon as I can.
    The BHN at Z-Cast bullets is around 16. They get aged a bit before they go on the shelf to be sure.

I'll be back in a couple weeks or so with an update on falling off lube, and pictures, and various other stuff that needs updating. Kipk49, I'm glad you noticed this. If anyone else sees anything that needs fixin I hope you'll tell me. I don't know whats wrong after shipping unless someone contacts me about it. Thanx for all the input.

Boolit Bub
    Those prices are awesome, but seems some quality issues??.. I have no exp with them but if there are good reports, it may be worth it?

Boolit Mold
    Thanx Guntechholsters, The prices ARE good and this thread has been my first quality concern. I am glad someone called my attention to it. I hope you'll give us a try. Now, Bout the pictures. I just got the one in question changed, thanx for calling that to my attention kipk49. There's a new pic in place for the 38 158gr. RNFP. The wood in the picture looked very nice and rustic in the shop but in the picture came out kinda vomit color. So I am getting a crash course in photography till I can make em look better. As well, now I am concerned that probably several of the internet stock pictures I pulled may be from someone else website, so I will be changing several of them in the next couple weeks as I get to them. If anyone else sees any concerns I hope you will let me know. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BULLET 38 158 GRAIN RNFP Z-CAST.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	216859Click image for larger version. 

ID:	216859 HHMMM, tried to add a picture here but it aint workin.

Boolit Mold
    Well here I am again, new pictures as promised. Hope you'll pay the website a visit to check em out. I'll have more new pics soon. Anyone on this forum is welcome to order a box of bullets with free shipping. I wanna make sure you get to see em. Might take a couple weeks, but you'll get em with no shipping charges. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BULLET 45 COLT 250 GRAIN RNFP 7.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	218812

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12