Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone try Z Cast Bullets ?

Boolit Master

Anyone try Z Cast Bullets ?

Has anyone here tried Z Cast bullets?

https://www.jacobeagle.com/bullets

Thank you
    Mike
    Last edited by skeettx; 02-08-2018 at 01:20 PM.

Got 500 today to try. They are the ugliest commercial cast bullets I have seen. Lube grooves are not filled, base flashing “fins”,and just basically poorly cast. I’m not sure I’ll even shoot these.

If you’re looking for premium quality boolits, look at Dardas. They are some of the nicest I have seen.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Master

If you shoot them, let me know how they shoot
    Mike

Will do.

Boolit Master

I bought several different calibers about 4 years ago & like scattershot, found them to be of poor quality. Looks like they were cast fast & cold. They shot out of the barrel, but accuracy was non existent! I forgot about them and recently re-found them. Since I started casting a few years ago, I remelted them!

Well, after digging further in the box, I won’t be using these at all. They range in weight from 201 to 210 grains, and in diameter from .453 to .456. (They were supposed to be .452 200 grain SWC) This in addition to the poor castings and haphazard lube. They’re going back.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2pqs6x5.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	212885
    Last edited by scattershot; 01-27-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Boolit Master

I can attest to Dardas quality. It looks like the Z bullets used Dardas products in their promotional catalog.

Could be. Dardas for me from now on.

Boolit Master
    Apparently, the founder passed away in 2016 and someone else took it over.
    He said in another forum: "The prices will remain very low as this was James's way of doing business. He had a recipe for quality bullets cheap. He showed me how and that's what we are doing."
    I'm guessing that the "cheap" part recipe is the problem and lack of experience might be the other part.
    Sent from my PC with a keyboard and camera on it with internet too.
    Melting Stuff is FUN!
    Shooting stuff is even funner

L W Knight

Looking at the picture on their link I see rounded bases ,wrinkles,poor lube job and many many dents form not letting the feeder empty more before refilling. Thanks but no thinks.

Boolit Master

OK, has ANYONE actually shot Z cast bullets?
    Last edited by skeettx; 02-08-2018 at 01:19 PM.

Clum 553946 said he did, with poor results. The ones I got were so poor that I didn’t even want to try them.

Boolit Mold
    Well I'm glad I checked this thread out. I'd like to update some of you with a bit of new information. I am the new owner of Z-Cast bullets. James passed away. First I would like to say to Scattershot. I'm not sure where you acquired those bullets in that picture, but I'm pretty sure you didn't get them from me. You said you got them just recently. I know exactly where every order of 45 ACP 200 SWC went to in January and none of them looked like that. If those came from me, instead of posting pictures and calling me out here, maybe you should call and tell me you're not happy with them and I'll fix the problem. You can count on that. Is it possible that you have an OLD box of Z cast bullets from the James administration ? I have heard (And noticed a bit myself) That the quality dropped off some towards the end. I'm not sure why, but he did take on some help about that time and I get the impression that some of them were less particular than James was. Keeping up with 8 kids may have slowed him down a bit. As well, there are around 7-10 extra bullets in each box to make up for the occasional bad round. But looking at Scattershots pictures, I'm pretty sure that those bullets with no lube didn't get past me. OK. Next, I have read a great deal online lately of old reviews for Z-Cast bullets. A few years ago, they were doing very well, but towards the end I see a great many folks talking about long order times and about bullets with little or no lube. I noticed some pretty rough bases myself in some of my orders that I got from him. When I received the machines from James family, I could see that a good many of the molds had been abused. Obviously someone didn't care as much about the equipment as he had in the past. I'm not sure if it was bad health, or other reasons that caused his bullet quality to head South, but today that aint happening. So here is the deal today. If you get any bullets from me and they are NOT up to standards CALL ME. I'll make it right. There may be as much as 5 grains difference between bullets in extreme cases, but these are commercially cast budget bullets not individually cast competition bullets. They will have LUBE and will be shaped reasonably well for plinker bullets. As for Clum my new friend, Any of you that are telling people about Z-Cast bullets that you bought before 2016 are talking about the old Z-cast. Perhaps I should have changed the name but they seemed to have a good reputation when I was involved with them so I kept the old name. Z-Cast Bullets are all about budget for reasonable quality. If you would like to try the new Z-cast just send me a PM and I'll set you up with a sample at dealers cost so you can try them out for yourself. CLINTSFOLLY ? There's a few pictures on the new website that were pulled from the old website. I just took a close look at em, I guess they do appear a little messy in the lube dept. I should have examined them closer. I'll get on that as soon as I can. DONDIEGO ? I didn't use any pictures from Dardas website. Now I've just recently got this rig up and rolling and I don't need all this bad press before anyone even gets to try em. So I would appreciate a fair chance to not be compared with the old product before you try em. OH ! I wanna say thanx to Mike AKA SkeeTTx for posting about me...........even though it looks like it went a little South here, I would have never known peoples thoughts if I didn't get to see this. Any more comments ya'll please post it on here. I'd like to know what I can do to improve relations. Thanx for all the info so far. I'll see what I can do to straighten things up. Till then, keep shootin.

Well, to begin with, I never said I got those bullets from you. I took pains to avoid saying where I got them, but it was from an individual. All I have to go by is the 500 bullets I bought, and they were substandard. I wish you well in your endeavor, and hope you can get the quality back up where it should be.

Boolit Master
    RochnRoll, you just took a giant step in relations by making an appearance here. If you keep people posted on what is going on, some will want to try the products again.
    Sent from my PC with a keyboard and camera on it with internet too.
    Melting Stuff is FUN!
    Shooting stuff is even funner

L W Knight

Boolit Master

RocknRoll:
    I was just answering skeettx’s inquiry. I had no knowledge of the change in ownership, but I did give a timeline on when I bought Zcast bullets. I also haven’t openly aired or offered any negatives
    about the product, I just pretty much kept it to myself until someone asked. The fact that you are the new owner was unknown to me. I agree that you probably have much better quality than the previous owner & I wish you the best in your new endeavor. You have quite a few desirable castings offered.

Boolit Buddy
    Had same problems about a year ago, ended up melting them down. Would not buy them again.
    Found summersenterprisesllc.com and got much better bullets for much cheaper price. Summers is doing Hitek now too.

Boolit Mold
    Scattershot, Not sure if we're talkin bout the same fellow, but I just spoke to a very recent customer who said he sold some he got from me to someone on a forum. Might be you. He said he could see your point that the lube looked as though some had fallen OFF. This is something I need to know about. If it is "falling" off then perhaps this is why I am not catching it upon shipping. Could have something to do with application temperature. Possibly falling off during shipping. Either way, if you will tell me about how many you have that are sub standard, and you are willing to send them to me I will send you replacements. This will help me since I would very much like to see the faulty bullets.
    IWKnight and Clum, Thanx for the kind words. Up until now I have only had good reviews. So I'm wanting to fix whatever this is. Hoping it is just an isolated incident. Towards the end James had some quality problems but I never got to get with him about why. He knew a LOT about casting bullets. I heard at one point he was 55,000 bullets behind on orders. Maybe it was just growing faster than he could keep up. He was about 400 lbs of really nice guy. Anyway, If ya'll will bear with me I'll figure this out and fix it. Scattershot, thanx for the info. Let me know if you want an exchange. I'll be back on here in a few weeks when I can give some solid answers. See ya'll soon and thanx again.

Thanks for the offer, rocknroll, but I already sent them back. Seems like you are a standup guy, and want to fix your product. I wish you well, and hope you can get things straightened out.

Boolit Master

UPDATE
    Well I got some, they load well, no issues
    and the shoot well, very accurate in 38, 9, and 45.
    These are all I have tried so far.
    I am using 231 for the 38, 800-x for the 9mm and Bullseye for the 45.
    Anyone else actually shot any of these lately?

Thanks
    Mike
    Last edited by skeettx; 03-16-2018 at 08:46 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast