Load DataInline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionRepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners RotoMetals2

Thread: wz35 Radom's

Boolit Master

wz35 Radom's

Let's talk about this old preWWII Polish pistol. Just saw a TFB post from last month were Radom is going to produce them again and I hope some get imported. Here's the new and then I talk about my old one.

2018 is set to see the return of Fabryka Broni Łucznik-Radom (FB Radom)’s iconic pistol, the wz.35 VIS, widely known simply as the Radom.

Milmag reports that the pistol will return to production next year and hopefully be available in the in the second half of 2018. While the production runs won’t be large, FB Radom reportedly hope to continually offer the wz.35. Radom also confirmed that the new VIS pistols will cost no more than 4,000 PLN – or $1,100.

The 9x19mm wz.35 was adopted as the Polish service pistol in 1935. The design is derived from John Browning’s 1911, although it differs in calibre and some internal and external features. The pistol was developed by Piotr Wilniewczyc and Jan Skrzypiński in the early 1930s.

Approximately 49,000 were made before Poland was invaded in September 1939. Production at Radom continued under the Nazis occupation, with approximately 330,000 more pistols produced before 1945. The German designation for the wz.35 was the Pistolen 35(p). Poland did not resume production after the war.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...rn-production/

I found a late war production one at a gunshow in Austin Tx, some time early 80s, full with Nazi waffen proof marks. Came with a full flap holster and one mag. Got couple spares and spare firing pin from Tom Forrest out of Shotgun News back then. Gave the gun to my father, which I got back when he pasted away. Pistol is still down in San Antonio at my mothers. The single action auto has a decocking lever that was to aid in the one handed decocking when the cavalry trooper was at a gallop. Safety feature like the grip safety on the M1911. Two automatic pistols that overlapped horse soldiers.

Anyone else have one and have you shoot cast out of it?

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Irag: 91,03,04,05,06,08,09',15', 16',22-23'
    Afghanistan: 09,10,11',14',17'-21'

Boolit Master
    I have been on a hunt for a Radom for almost 10 years. I know I could get one gunbroker but have made it a quest of mine to find one that I can buy and take home.

I am very jealous of your beautiful Radom. I think they're one other most underrated guns of all time. They are a work of art!!!! I even love the rough machining. Very cool gun!!!

Boolit Master
    The first time I saw and held one I was in love. Unfortunately at that time I had just dropped about $2500 on three pistols the same week. I just could not swing it. That was about 20 years ago and I have not seen one since.

Since then the prices have been just too far out of reach me from what I have seen on GB. If I ever come across one again at a somewhat reasonable price, I will not let it slip through my fingers.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Nothing wrong with the Radom, but I can’t see much of a market for a heavy 9mm at that price point.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Master

My Father in law brought one home with him from WWII. It shoots cast just fine.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle