Titan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyRepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: newbie ? about casting for 300 blackout

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mto7464 View Post
    Tried it, can't seat it out far enough to get it to work.
    What have you tried? I've got a nose sizer from NOE and I've used mold release spray on the nose of the mold to ensure the nose is not oversized after powder coating.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mto7464 View Post
    Tried it, can't seat it out far enough to get it to work.
    Guess the question should be where are you trying to seat out to? Most seat that bullet to 2.050 and get ragged holes at 100

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

The Lyman 311359 casts a 115gr gas-checked spitzer mold that I really enjoy using my 300BLK upper as a supersonic. I have not shot them with PC coating yet because I just started PC coating my bullets and haven't loaded any 300BLK brass with the PC-coated 311359s I covered this weekend.

I also enjoy using the LEE 155gr spirepoint bullet with the 300BLK for plinking out to 200 yards and I've built a load using Lyman's 311413 175gr Squibb Bullet for under 1600fps for short range can popping out to 100 yards.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by John McCorkle View Post
    Guess the question should be where are you trying to seat out to? Most seat that bullet to 2.050 and get ragged holes at 100

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    how in the world do you accomplish that COL, either I have an awful tight chamber or the rest of them are really loose, that bullet, in my mold at least drops 309 forward of the crimp ( that's about 1.980col ) I tried it, wont even chamber, my freebore/throat is about 308, not to mention it would hit the lands before that even happens, but I shoved some in there and the throat obviously scraped that bullet and sized it down to 308, I took a crude measurement to see how deep that bullet would go in and I came up with 1.900" before it jambs, not sure how those nose sizers work but sure is a lot of work at this point, maybe my mold is a little larger and my chamber a little tight, also noticed some that fed, when I pulled them looked crocked in the cartridge.

not to hijack but it didn't work for me not sure if I want to seat it that deep or if there's anything else I can do with it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12