Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ncbs 2018

Boolit Man

Ncbs 2018

Friends!! The 19th annual Nevada Cast Bullet Shoot is scheduled for June 1, 2 and 3, 2018 at the Humboldt County Shooting Range just north of Winnemucca, Nevada. Please consider this an open invitation to past participants and new shooters as well to spend time to meet and catch up with some great folks--and also do a bunch of shooting. As Buckshot has so aptly described the event--"Kinda like a family reunion only you like everyone".

As usual, we will meet at 1:00 for lunch at the Griddle on the 1st, then head out to round up tables, chairs, targets, etc. and then get back together at Chihuahua's for the Rools Committee dinner at 6:00 that evening. Shooting (both guns and the bull) will occur all day on the 2nd and 3rd, with potluck lunches both days plus dinner on the 2nd at the range--more details to follow as time gets near. We will also have our awards dinner at the Martin on the 3rd to close out the event.

To quote Ammohead from last year's invitation--"The gathering and conversation are the prime reasons for holding this event. The shooting and competition are simply a means to an end and should not be taken too seriously. Come one and all and lets have a good time".

Following is a listing of the planned events:
    Men's Events (women also welcome to enter)
    100-yd 5-shot group (any sight)
    100-yd 5-shot score (any sight)
    50-yd 5-shot group (iron sights)
    50-yd 5-shot score (iron sights)
    25-yd 5-shot handgun group (iron sights)
    25-yd 5-shot handgun score (iron sights)

Women's Only Events
    100-yd 5-shot score (any sight)
    50-yd 5-shot group (any sight)

Open Competition Events
    Long Range--400-yd plate 5-shots open sight (off hand, kneeling or sitting)
    Quilbilly's Practical Rifle--10 shots off hand in 3 minutes at plate between 100 and 200 yards.
    Harter's Companion Gun--5 shots handgun and 5 shots rifle (both iron sights) for score at 25 yards with both guns loaded from same box of ammo.

General Rules
    Group competitions test the casting and load development skills of the shooter.
    Score competitions test shooting skills.
    Men's group and all women's events are shot any position, but rest cannot be attached to gun, rest cannot be attached to the bench, gun must be controlled by the shooter and the shot initiated by the shooter.
    All men's score targets to be shot off hand without support. If someone has a physical difficulty that prevents this, bring it up in Friday's Rools Committee meeting and we will decide if allowances can be made.
    Single shot handguns with over 10-inch barrel (such as a Contender) compete as a rifle.
    Each shooter can only enter one competition target per gun, but can enter targets with multiple qualifying guns. Record targets must be declared before shooting.
    If you don't have a qualifying gun for an event, ask to borrow one from someone who does. Same goes for just if you want to try someone else's gun. Anyone is welcome to use anything I have along, and I am sure most of the other shooters feel the same way.
    Each shooter can "win" only one event so far as award of prize chances are concerned. All are welcome to do their best in each event for bragging rights and spirit of competition.

Prizes
    Ammohead has generously agreed to solicit vendor donations again to award as prizes. In addition, if you have any surplus equipment or supplies that you don't need any more and could be of use to someone else, please consider donating them to the prize table.
    Prizes will be awarded by random draw at the Sunday dinner, with each participant receiving one drawing chance plus one additional chance if an event was "won".
    Last edited by Fast Asleep; 01-22-2021 at 11:22 AM.

Boolit Master
    This event has been described as a family reunion where everyone likes everyone else and more fun than you should be allowed to have. It is as much a social event for the whole family as a shooting event to be enjoyed by all. There are plenty of places to stay around town or, if you prefer, there is a beautiful campground just up the hill from downtown in Water Canyon complete with a stream and quaking aspens. For non shooters, the photographic opportunities for wildlife and landscapes are everywhere beginning with the view from the top of Mt. Winnemucca directly above the shooting range at the end of a spectacular drive which is only one reason the annual internationally acclaimed "Shooting the West" photographic symposium has been held in Winnemucca every March for decades.
    Last edited by quilbilly; 01-24-2018 at 01:40 PM.

Fast Asleep & all,

It is our intentions to be there to visit and hopefully do a little shooting. However, a few health issues must improve. We do think that will happen!

Keep on having FUN! Mac
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Super Moderator

...............I'll be there, with bells on (plus my regular clothes). Since you can use different firearms to 'Re-Try' a particular event, I may be towing a trailer this year!
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master
    Looking forward to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hick: Iron sights!

Sounds like fun...How many folks attend these events?

Boolit Master
    Don't hold me to exact numbers, but I would guess that we usually have 30 to 40 folks show up. CB members, spouses, kids, and friends. The weekend is very family friendly.
    Several of us live right here in the Boise, Meridian, Star area, and meet at a local bookstore for coffee most Thursdays. Give me a holler if you want to show up for coffee some time!

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master
    I will be making my motel reservations this week for Thursday through Sunday as always and will be camping up in my "spring camp" up in the Santa Rosa Mtns a couple days before that if weather allows.

Quote Originally Posted by obssd1958 View Post
    Don't hold me to exact numbers, but I would guess that we usually have 30 to 40 folks show up. CB members, spouses, kids, and friends. The weekend is very family friendly.
    Several of us live right here in the Boise, Meridian, Star area, and meet at a local bookstore for coffee most Thursdays. Give me a holler if you want to show up for coffee some time!

Don
    Appreciate the invite...Talked to my SO last night and I think so far, we are in...

Eric

Boolit Master
    Welcome Eric. I am sure we will all make you and your SO feel as welcome as everyone made me feel on my first NCBS some years ago.
    On another note. My local Walmart had a clearance sale on one of their gongs that supposedly is suitable for centerfire rifles. I tested it with my 250 Sav with 110 gr CB's at 1900 fps to see if that gong is as advertised on my home 40 yard range. All the boolits did was scratch the paint. That gong is similar in size to a biathlon face. It might add a new wrinkle to the practical shoot.

This sounds like a bunch of fun. Fun to see some members in person. Marked.

Corbinace,

You'll love it, bring you and yours! You will meet the greatest bunch of FOLKS! We have made about 15 of the 20 events. Cause, I'm getting pretty ancient, can't guarantee we will be there, but I can guarantee it will be a BLAST! I'll put it this way, we all have many casual friends. Our real true friends List, more than doubled when we met the NCBS group!

Hope to see you there! Mac
    Have a TON of FUN, Mac ....................Born to ENABLE ................ "BEATING GRAVITY EVERYDAY"

Boolit Master
    Given the rains that are happening this week, there might be a pretty good wildflower display about NCBS time in the nearby mountains like the Santa Rosa's.

Boolit Master
    Three weeks until NCBS. Good Times are coming soon.

Due to timing, we are not going to be able to be there as we had hoped. I still have a Pick Line and have another 4-5 days of infusions. I am getting along real well under the circumstances, but certainly have not had stamina to do preparation for the event. We don't think we should chance this outing, as we think it could be to soon after recovery!

We wish for everyone and no it will happen; the greatest time ever! Mac & Marlene

Boolit Master

Wink

Get well soon Mac!! Holly and I will be looking forward to seeing you and Marlene next year. Same to you, Bill (NVcurmudgeon).
    Discussions are now underway for who will be bringing what to the Saturday BBQ at the clubhouse on the range. Good food. Good friends. It's a good thing!
    One of the reasons NCBS was moved from the weekend before Memorial Day to the weekend after is the weather passing Winnemucca all this week. Some people objected to having to delay shooting due to hail plus blizzard conditions (can't imagine why) so we moved it to the weekend after the holiday when the temps have been into the 90's. Much better for those from warmer climes.

Boolit Man
    Mac:

Sorry to hear you won’t make it this year. Wish you a speedy recovery so we can go shooting soon!

Tim

Boolit Master
    If Weather Underground is right, the weather for this year's NCBS will be just about perfect. Partly cloudy with highs in the low 80's. I am so ready for the smell of sage and gunpowder.

Boolit Master

Sounds like a wonderful event; maybe anniversary trip next year; the new baby will becoming this year not to long after the shoot so maybe next year we can make
    It!!! Have fun you guys eat well shoot good and be safe!

Boolit Master
    Newtire and I checked into our room, and then we headed over to the lunch gathering at the Griddle!
    Lunch was good (at least the company was excellent!). Dinner was great, and the Rools Committee meeting was mostly about "meeting" and safety, and the main rules beyond safety - "have fun and no whining".

Looking forward to the rest of the weekend!!

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast