Load DataTitan ReloadingWidenersRepackbox
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ncbs 2018

Boolit Master
    As you probably surmised, due to no more posts during the weekend, we kept busy and had a lot of fun!!
    Ammohead and a couple other folks took pictures throughout the weekend, and hopefully will post them in the near future.

To the people who worked so hard to make this a great event - THANK YOU!!
    To all of the participants who shared their knowledge, firearms and ammo, and their comradery, and made this weekend so much fun - THANK YOU!!

To all you folks who weren't able to make it - start planning for next year, because you REALLY need to experience this!

Don

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master
    Double kudos to the people who did all the lifting and gathering chairs and tables, providing water and varous great dishes to eat. A big pot of lima bean soup is bubbling away as a result of some killer stuff Tim brought. Ammohead's brisket in a sandwich was also to die for. Lots of food and great story swapping was to be had. Boy, where did all that time go?? To those of you missed it, be there next year.
    Last edited by Newtire; 06-05-2018 at 11:55 AM.

Super Moderator

9.3x62Al and I had a great time (as usual). Heck, instead of just having a good time I actually made a bit of an effort and managed to win the 100 yard group competition If I'd do more shooting and less time blabbing and looking at everyone else's guns and stuff the trip home would have been a bit lighter!
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master
    Considering the equipment that you used, I'd say you won the 100 yard score competition also!!

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Man
    We had great weather and a fine time was had by all. Following is a listing of the competition events with the shooter who won the event followed by other participants:

100-yd Group--Winner 7's & 8's at 2.19"
    Other shooters--Obssd1958 at 2.56", Fast Asleep at 1.51"

100-yd Score--Winner Buckshot at 40
    Other shooters--Obssd1958 at 42, Fast Asleep at 34

50-yd Group--Winner Obssd1958 at 1.24"
    Other shooters--Newtire 3.80", 7's & 8's at 2.39", Hick at 1.98", Fast Asleep at 1.60"

50-yd Score--Winner Rockshooter at 43 1X,
    Other shooters--Hick at 43, Ammohead at 44, Obssd1958 at 45, Fast Asleep at 45

25-yd Group--Winner Fast Asleep at 2.39"
    No other shooters

25-yd Score--Winner Hick at 41
    Other shooters--Fast Asleep at 47

Ladies 100-yd Score--Winner Claudia at 35

Ladies 50-yd Group--Winner Claudia at 2.87"

Long Range--Winner Ammohead at 4
    Other shooters--Fast Asleep at 2

Practical--Winner Quillbilly at 4
    Other shooters--Obssd1958 at 3, Hick at 4, Fast Asleep at 7

Companion --Winner Fast Asleep at 94 4X
    Other shooters--Hick at 74, Obssd1958 at 64 1X

We again were blessed with great vendor support--and molds from them saw a number of great targets shot with bullets cast with them including the following and the cartridges they were matched with:

NOE 311008 in 32 H&R and 327 Federal, both rifle and handgun
    NOE 279 124FN in 6.8 x 47 rifle
    NOE 326-258 RN in 8x58R rifle
    MP 432-640 in 44 mag, both Rifle and handgun

Boolit Master
    If there would have been awards for food, it would have to be first place in the meat department going to Ammohead for the best brisket ever and Fast Asleep for the Lima beans grown by himself and prepared by his wife. Cookies and water supplied at the range by Hick. Honorable mention should be given to Obssd 1958 and Newtire for laboring over a hot oven all night just to make sure a goodly supply of various desert dishes were available. The lima beans were so good that I went to the store on the way home and bought some lima beans-eating the whole pot myself over the course of the next couple of days. If I left anyone out, I am sorry. A lot of hard work went into getting tables,chairs and setting up the range for us to shoot. A pretty amazing group of people. Thank you everyone.

Boolit Master
    Pictures from NCBS 2018!!

Boolit Master
    More...

Vendor Sponsor
    I can't take credit for the brisket as it was prepared by my son Daniel in our homemade wood fired smoker/cooker with mt mahogany we gathered inthe hills. The ham was prepared the same way. My dad always used to say, "We may never be rich, but by gum we eat good!"

Boolit Master
    Don't leave out the Martin Hotel for our outstanding final banquet. Basque food at its finest! Just to be different this year, I ordered the seafood pasta rather than the traditional lamb or pork. The Martin may be 400 miles from the coast but that seafood pasta was the best I have ever had and I just live bicycle riding distance from where those clams came from. Wow!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12