WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackbox
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WIN 1894 double set trigger

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by OlDeuce View Post
    This is for sale on the bay LoL https://www.ebay.com/itm/Winchester-...IAAOSwu0hZc-PF

For the price of $599 It would break the bank for a doodad but I think the price is right !!!!
    Ol Deuce

Deuce
    Is that fer sure a 76 trigger set ??? the mainspring looks like out of a 73 or 66 - is held with a screw ---I thought the 76 took a different mainspring - no screw but just slipped in that retainer notch on the rear tang - thought UIberti copied the original there ? if not then I am even more pissed of at them

Boolit Master
    the winchester double set was different
    Thanks for straightening out a double sets correct set. I appreciate knowing its opposite of what I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by indian joe View Post
    Overmax
    the winchester double set was different - if ya look close at the pics posted earlier ya notice there very little room between the two triggers - nobody gonna get a finger in there to pull it back - no - those ones hung close like that ya pushed forward on the rear trigger to set it then use the front trigger to fire - same action as a single set .. I never had one to play with and havent looked close enough at the parts drawing to figure this - but can you fire these guns without setting the trigger??? ... guess I am thinkin aboot that "oh ****e" moment in a bear charge or the likes...... ya know ... just before he takes the first bite ya realise ya just pumped five live rounds out cuz they wouldnt fire........................
    Yes and with not setting the trigger it's still nicer to pull than a regular old winchester trigger !!! They are a really nice feature to have as a option on the
    1894 ,,,,,,Way cool to shoot either way ....Ol Deuce
    Do the Best with What you have !

Quote Originally Posted by indian joe View Post
    Deuce
    Is that fer sure a 76 trigger set ??? the mainspring looks like out of a 73 or 66 - is held with a screw ---I thought the 76 took a different mainspring - no screw but just slipped in that retainer notch on the rear tang - thought UIberti copied the original there ? if not then I am even more pissed of at them
    Indian joe..... it does look correct to my eyes!.... and between the '73 to the '76 the big difference was the works in the frame!!!and the frame it self is larger ... Ol Deuce
    Do the Best with What you have !

Winchester set triggers come in three varieties: Single Set which is one blade that operates as a regular trigger unset or is set by pushing forward then back to fire. Close Coupled triggers have two blades very close together, the rear trigger sets the sear when pushed forward. Double Set have two triggers both of which are pulled, the rear blade sets the sear. Internally, the parts are almost identical for Close Coupled and Double Set, the Single Set uses a different knockoff and a different, lighter, knockoff spring. It all makes sense if you pull the bottom tang and play with the triggers but is practically black box magic until you do.
    rr2241tx
    Timin' has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Boolit Master
    Indian joe my 76 is .40-60

Boolit Mold
    I've got 2 different Winchester model 1894's with double set triggers - one rifle and one saddle ring carbine.
    I'm going to list them on gun broker, if there is sufficient interest.
    Serial numbers are: 436206 (carbine in .38-55) and 278200 (round barreled rifle in .30-30). Carbine has standard rear sight and a tang peep sight.

Let me know if you are interested in either the rifle or the carbine, and I will put them up.

Boolit Mold
    This thread has answered a lot of questions for me. I have a saddle ring model 94 carbine in 25-35. It too has the close coupled set trigger set up. serial number 743x, Lettered, made in 1899, factory repaired in 1901. This must of been when the set triggers were added and I believe the sights were added to it. It has marked Marbles, front gold bead front sight, folding rear sight and a folding tang all Marble's

Boolit Master
    De Haas has all the mechanical details on the various Winchester set triggers .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12