Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: 380 auto, Unique powder, CCI standard primers, Winchester 95 gr FMJ

Boolit Mold

380 auto, Unique powder, CCI standard primers, Winchester 95 gr FMJ

I am just starting to load for my stainless Walther PPK. I want to use the above components since I have them in stock. I would appreciate input from those who have used these components successfully for a moderate plinking load. The several loading manuals I own do not provide sufficient agreement on this particular load combination.

I will be using a Lee LoadMaster with drum powder measure using a 5 die setup (universal decap, resizer, powder thru die, seating, factory crimp).

I would also appreciate load data for using Berry's plated 100 grain bullets with Unique and CCI primers as well. I do have a chrony to confirm velocities in a loading ladder. Thanks in advance.

Boolit Grand Master
    3.9 grains of Unique with a 95 grain fmj worked fine in my Walther as well as my Beretta 84.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Master
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Best you can do is load up about 15 of them from the starting load and see how they shoot. Each gun is different.

I have loaded the 100gr. X-treme 380 with HP-38, Ramshot Silhouette and AA#5. My gun absolutely did not like the HP-38 powder at any level. Of the other 2 loads it liked the Ramshot best but then I haven't been able to test the AA#5 very much. The AA#5 did seem to produce a bit more felt recoil.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by rintinglen View Post
    3.9 grains of Unique with a 95 grain fmj worked fine in my Walther as well as my Beretta 84.
    Thank You.

Boolit Mold
    Thank You. Lots of information here!

Boolit Master
    You are welcome!

Please be sure to post in that topic if you come across any more new references & also, please post if you find any links that do not work, so some of us can try to find replacements for them if we can.

G'Luck! in your endeavors.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o