Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad Data
Titan ReloadingRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2 Snyders Jerky

Thread: I can’t believe this

Banned

Angry I can’t believe this

I can’t believe this!!!!!!!

I’m now getting my (recently deceased) fathers mail.

In it there was a letter from the hospital he died in, thanking him for choosing them for his health, care and asking him to remember them for any future health care needs.

Boolit Master

Consider whos working today, we receive mail for long departed F.I.L( almost 10 years) and of course M.I.L. that passed 3 years ago. Most are begging letters from some church related charity they gave $$$ to years ago. Then theres PBS begging letters too. Wish we still had our big Billy Goat Hugh, he would have plenty to nibble on.
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Boolit Grand Master

My wife passed away in 2002 and I still get credit card offers, insurance offers and some others in Her name through the mail. When you call them about it nothing happens.

Moderator Emeritus

Shred it, stuff it back in the postage paid envelope with a note saying stop and mail it back to them!

Boolit Master
    I can believe it. After my wife died, I got a letter addressed to her, from the main hospital of our insurance plan. They mentioned the care she would receive, and was pretty much like the letter you got, and in a round about way, asked if she would consider donating to the hospital. We both had pre-planned to donate our bodies to to the medical school attached to this hospital at least 7 or 8 years previously. I called the number on the donation form and asked if the donation of her body wasn't enough, since that was the last thing she had to donate. After a period of silence the person that answered asked if I could hold while she got her supervisor. The supervisor couldn't apologize enough, and explained how their office was a separate part of the hospital and they only work from the notifications they get when somebody is first admitted. It shouldn't be, but is probably the same with hospitals everywhere. Notifications get sent and lost between departments, bored, probably underpaid workers typing on computers forget to send messages, etc.
    Sorry for the loss of your father.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

I'm sorry for your loss.

I still receive the occasional stuff for my mother, who passed 12 years ago. The best one I pulled was on the downstairs cabaret. (Don't ask me why she was on their mailing list)

after telling them endlessly to take her off the mailing list, leaving voicemails, emails..... don't I get a donation appeal letter. I send it back with a note saying I'd love to support the arts with a $10,000 donation. Please call me.

I haven't received a letter since that conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Boolit Master
    My late wife died in 2011. I was getting stuff for her for a long time thereafter... It's really upsetting when a phone call says " We have the cutest thing that your wife would just love....."
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    My friends mother got a bill from the hospital for having a baby, 21 years after here last child was born.

Four years later, still getting mail for my dad...It happens...Getting less and less as the years go...

Boolit Master
    Mom passed over 8 years ago. We still get mail for her every 3 or 4 months.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Buddy
    Save'em in a cardboard box for a while, then stuff each of them back in their own respective return envelopes and send them back. They don't get billed for prepaid stage unless you mail it back. When they get a ten or fifteen dollar bill all at once for a bunch of trash they will stop sending it quick.

I'm in this club also, hope you have someone to help keep you company along the rest of you journey.

Boolit Master
    Social Security told me I was lucky my father died the last day of the month or they would have to pro rate any overpayment and I'd have to pay that back.

Boolit Master
    Mary and nun2kute got it right except ADD more junk into the envelope to make the return over weight ! Even add tape to keep it closed.
    Keeps postal workers working, gets their attention and usually stops future mailings to you.

Mike

Boolit Grand Master

Ya gotta do something with all the junk mail you get. I donate it to any request that comes with a prepaid envelope. When your address cost them money to get out of date cupons in the returned mail, you can bet they'll end it.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by tinsnips View Post
    My friends mother got a bill from the hospital for having a baby, 21 years after here last child was born.
    Huge red flag there! Somebody may have stolen her ID. I worked for years in a trauma ER. One day a person came in trying to use the name and DOB of one of the nurses who was working in the ER at that very time!
    At one with the gun.

1 mile from chickahominy river ( swamp) central va
    The va refused to pay for fathers hospital bill saying it was not life threatening . he died that night in that hospital not sure what would have qualified as life threatening.