Reloading EverythingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationWidenersSnyders JerkyLoad Data
Titan Reloading Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .32 magnum shooting high

Boolit Master
    Did the know weld on a B84, only lasted a couple years. I wondered about soft soldering a brass pad, y'all have ovaries me to get on with it.
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Ruger sent me a new front sight that is identical to tbe one on the gun. I have some epoxy putty I could use and JB weld but the JB weld is pretty runny. Now I nave a project.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    With the JB Weld I use some release agent on some light plastic or wood & then clamp them with a small clamp. Then add the JB Weld & it works quite well, just use more than you need & file off the extra to square at the range.

Dick

Took the revolver and the spare sight to the gunsmith. I suggested that maybe a steel ruger sight base with a pin in blade might be able to be screwed on if drilled like the single six base. Gunsmith said he could probably make something. Kinda annoyed that it came to this but it show much potential and didn't want to send it back since it was dimensioned properly and finished up good.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Banned
    How about just adding a small weld to the top and filing it back down to the desired height and re-bluing?

Or threading for a small Allen head screw and then filing the screw down to the desired height?

Or cutting the blade off the base, drilling and counter sinking the base from the bottom to hold a taller blade ?

Or cutting the blade off, milling a length-wise dovetailed slot to accept any number of taller blades ?

With a spare base, the possibilities are only limited by your imagination.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12