Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackboxLee Precision
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: Are we one

Boolit Master

Are we one

I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message. I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one--as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me."

—John 17:20–21

Have you ever noticed there are some people who like to fight? They like to argue, and they are unhappy when they are happy. So they find something to get worked up about, something new to debate. They love conflict. It’s a sad way to live.

When I was a younger Christian, I felt that it was my job to set everyone straight. I had been a Christian for about a year and had been reading the Bible and going to church almost every night of the week. I thought, I’m going to set everyone straight. That was the way I was.

I knew everything. I had the answer to every question. And if you held a view different from mine, then I was going to talk you out of it and into mine.

I don’t feel that way anymore. Obviously, I want everyone to believe in Jesus. But if you have a slightly different take on a theological truth than I do, I don’t feel that it is my job to convince you. I like this statement regarding believers: “In essentials, unity; in nonessentials, liberty; in all things, charity.” The word essentials refers to the most important theological doctrines like that of the Bible being the Word of God, Jesus Christ being the only way to the Father, and salvation coming through Christ and Christ alone. Those are the essentials. In essentials, unity. We don’t ever flex on essentials.

But in nonessentials, liberty. What are nonessentials? Things like the style of music. Some people like it loud. Some people like it quiet. Some people like a certain style. Some people like another style. These are secondary issues. We should never divide over them. In nonessentials, liberty.

Finally, in all things, charity, which is another word for love. Be loving.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

I can relate on many levels, and I love the end statements made.
    I serve Jesus exclusively...do you?

.45-70 Marlin 1895 GBL
    .30-06 Win. M70

I finally obtained a feedback post!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...80#post4182480

Boolit Master

Excellent! Excellent!
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Thank you Ronnie . A great lesson and reminder in this Chapel . We gather here to share our faith in him through praise , prayer and fellowship .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

I have walked that same path, It is an ongoing process.

When talking to others I take the stand to " Major on the Majors and Minor on the minors." Thing like the bible being the word of God, Jesus being born of a virgin, Jesus being the only way to God, Jesus died and after 3 days being raised by God and is alive in heaven at the right hand of God, and the trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit that live in us. These are thing that I consider as Majors that I will not budge on. The rest are minor. Things like do you get baptized as a baby or as an adult. Do you get sprinkled or dunked under, do you drink or not, go to the movies, have drums and guitars for your worship music or do you only have piano and organs or do you have to speak in tongues or not. I can have fellowship with people of different beliefs as long as we can agree on the Majors and don't sweat the minors. As Christians, I feel that we let to many things divide us and Satin is all to happy to work at destroying us because of it. Maybe I don't get it or I don't understand, but I feel that we can do more for Christ if we Major on the Majors and Minor on the Minors and work together to accomplish his work here on earth.