Inline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Repackbox
Lee Precision

Thread: Login Problems--Won't Remember...

Boolit Master

Question Login Problems--Won't Remember...

Anyone else having problems with this site remembering login information? Every time I leave the site and come back, I must login again—very annoying…

It doesn't do anything when I click on the "remember" button. It stays checked all the time...

Then, I get the message “Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/)”

I can then click on forums and I get to where I wish to go…

Is it just my computer? The login works on other sites and it is remembered…

Thanks…BCB

ADMIN

it has to do with the "COOKIES" setting on your browser.
    the "remember" feature uses cookies.
    If your security setting is too high or if you checked the box to not accept cookies then it will not work.

It works perfectly fine on my Chrome browser on the PC and on my Safari browser on my Iphone

Boolit Master
    Mine quit "remembering" about a month ago. I think it's my software protecting my computer from a security risk on this site. Apparently the security here is suspect and you have to manually enter the info. I don't go to one other site where I'm getting this. It's a pain, but at least it still works if I enter it. I got a message a few times about "the security certificate" here being at risk or something like that. I'm not a computer geek so it's mostly gibberish to me.

Boolit Grand Master

When I run my security program it removes any suspicious, known, and suspect items stored in my memory (cookies I think). The first time I try to log in, I encounter the same error. After the first time, it works normally.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by NSB View Post
    Mine quit "remembering" about a month ago. I think it's my software protecting my computer from a security risk on this site. Apparently the security here is suspect and you have to manually enter the info. I don't go to one other site where I'm getting this. It's a pain, but at least it still works if I enter it. I got a message a few times about "the security certificate" here being at risk or something like that. I'm not a computer geek so it's mostly gibberish to me.
    Same here. Other sites remember me and I am logged in every time I go there. Unless I logout...

BCB

Boolit Master
    It's not the cookies. I empty mine every time I log out. Once in a while I can log in automatically, but 95% of the time I have to enter the first letter of my log-in ID and then it enters the rest. It's just on this site and it started about a month or so ago.

Vendor Sponsor

If you empty the cookies you have eliminated the auto log in info .. That's what a cookie is
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

ADMIN

It's not the cookies. I empty mine every time I log out. Once in a while I can log in automatically, but 95% of the time I have to enter the first letter of my log-in ID and then it enters the rest. It's just on this site and it started about a month or so ago.
    That’s not the board software.
    That’s windows and their password setup.
    I can type in Hatch and it will put my password in.

Boolit Grand Master

Mine been doing it for a couple weeks now. If I 'click' on the member box it comes up and a 'click; on password box brings it up then login. I then go to a screen that claims invalid info, 'click' forum and I'm in.

Anyone else having problems with this site remembering login information?
    Yes, I have found that one must "white list" the cookies from this site to keep the browser from removing them when you close the browser. This is with a firefox based browser. Chromium is another story, personally I find then to ****ed nosy. . . . . . mini rant off.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke4320 View Post
    If you empty the cookies you have eliminated the auto log in info .. That's what a cookie is
    Wrong. I empty cookies on all sites and can log back in to every other one without this problem.

Boolit Master

Wrong. I empty cookies on all sites and can log back in to every other one without this problem.
    Agree...

I clear history and have it clear the cookies. I then have to log into all the sites that I visit that are password-protected...

I enter my user name and password and hit remember and enter. On the site I am...

On this one, I have to hit "forum" and it seems to let me in the site...

This mess just started with mine today...

I am running Foxfire and have been for years and years...

Must be a bug someplace, either in our computers or on the Castboolit website, and it must affect only certain systems?...

BCB

Boolit Master

Just discovered something that I sort of mentioned in my previous post...

I close the browser and then open it again. My home page is Castboolits. I get the login screen. If I then click "Forum", it changes screen and I am logged in...

Strange...

BCB

Cast Boolits Owner

Quote Originally Posted by BCB View Post
    Anyone else having problems with this site remembering login information? Every time I leave the site and come back, I must login again—very annoying…

It doesn't do anything when I click on the "remember" button. It stays checked all the time...

Then, I get the message “Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.castboolits.gunloads.com/)”

I can then click on forums and I get to where I wish to go…

Is it just my computer? The login works on other sites and it is remembered…

Thanks…BCB
    The first thing I would like you to do is update the link you are using to access the site - the link you are using is outdated which is why you are getting a "invalid request" followed by a redirect to the active site.

Although the website stores your credentials it only uses them to verify the credentials provided by you (your web browser) are correct when you log in. Storage of those credentials (by your web browser) is directly related to the way the web browser you are using is set up. If you could provide information such as your operating system and the browser you are using to access the site then either I or one of the other 1933 folks who have accessed the site today without issue may be able to help you out.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

The first thing I would like you to do is update the link you are using to access the site - the link you are using is outdated which is why you are getting a "invalid request" followed by a redirect to the active site.
    ^^^Many thanx, this is what worked for me.^^^

Boolit Master

I took No 1's advice although I might have gone about it a bit differently than he suggested…

I first went and cleared all my history and that got rid of all the cookies as I checked that box that is offered under clearing history…

I then went and Googled Castboolits and clicked on the link it found. I figured it would find the latest web address…

I then went to “tools” and “options” and requested it use the “current page” as my home page…

That seemed to solve the problem. One thing is the “remember me” box is always checked and I can’t uncheck it. But, for me that really doesn’t matter…

Now to login to my other sites since I removed all the cookies. Always something with these computers—Window 10 and Firefox…

Thanks…BCB