RepackboxLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline FabricationLoad Data
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: coating with hi tek. what i'm doing wrong ?

a little update on my hi tek endeavors lol.

let me say that, at first, the problems i've encountered were related to water quenching and the zombie green color. for some reasons, this specific combo isnt working well for ME. i'm now using the old gold color and i never had a problem since,while i don't water quench anymore since the baking part in hi tek defeat WQ anyways.

yesterday i tried 3 layers,and i really like how it seals the boolit,and i like the added thickness too. i uses a specific mold from accurate ,which drop at .357. but resizing it to .357 isn't very effective,and i like resizing my boolits for the reason it gets them perfectly round related to the diameter. the added 3rd layer gives me a little more diameter to work with.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04543.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	227132
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC04542.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	104.0 KB 
ID:	227133

now that the process is very straightforward FOR ME,i think i'm gonna stick with 3 layers.

i'm doin batch of 10 grams of powder no more. my mix is now more diluted than the original .it's 55ml of acetone for 10 grams of powder. the added acetone gives me more time for the swirling part of the process.

baking part is now 13 minutes at 400. i filled my over with BBQ briquets for a faster recovery time on door openings. the temp get back faster and won't drop down as low as when there was no briquets involved.

Certainly use a thermometer & check your oven. Mine is running 25-30 cooler than the dial says. Certainly could be the opp for the op.
    EVERY GOOD SHOOTER NEEDS TO BE A HANDLOADER.
    NRA Cert. Inst. Met. Reloading & Basic Pistol

Boolit Buddy
    If you let them dry long enough there is no smell or smoke at all. Besides i doubt my wife is going to be using it anytime soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12