Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best mid-highend 1911 for single stack?

Boolit Master
    Some people's kids!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dpmsman View Post
    Well I've decided to go with Les Baer. I found one online new for less then $1800 so I decided to jump on it! It's hard to argue with the 3" at 50' accuracy guaranty. Not to say I'm at that level but at least I know the pistol is. Thanks for all the input! Hopefully it will live up to the hype.
    I think you did good. Just don't use it for a car or carry gun. That's what polyguns are for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    I think you did good. Just don't use it for a car or carry gun. That's what polyguns are for.

Why not use it for a carry gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post

people are paranoid the police will lock it up for evidence if you use it, but imo if you have to use it, a $2000 pistol is cheap insurance.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty o View Post
    people are paranoid the police will lock it up for evidence if you use it, but imo if you have to use it, a $2000 pistol is cheap insurance.
    My mind is blown.

MTecs, thank you !, yes I can shoot ,but would it improve the score over what I get from my .45 Norinco???, Fivefang

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post

As stated above. Use a proven gun that works and costs $500 or less in case the police keep it or it gets stolen from your vehicle. Insurance does not cover either one. Sure, you'll get your gun back from the police at their discretion. If you're rich, forget what I said.
    Thomas

Boolit Buddy
    Definitely not rich! I like carrying my Glock 19. Or an old military surplus pistol.

Boolit Master
    I carry a Les Baer UTC for ccw, but what you say makes sense.

Banned

i think that unless yer pockets are perpetually deep and jingly, it's totally unnecessary to ccw a $2k handgun.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rfd View Post
    i think that unless yer pockets are perpetually deep and jingly, it's totally unnecessary to ccw a $2k handgun.
    Probably not necessary, but it sho’ does feel good and it’s almost as reliable as my Glocks, lol.

Boolit Master

who cares what it costs. if you feel comfortable with it, and trust it fully. even if it costs $5000, what is your life worth?

Banned

it shouldn't be too hard to find a very reliable, very dependable and worthy ccw for well under $1k, or even well under $700 - that is, unless $2k to $5k is someone's idea of chump change ... wish that was me, but it ain't. lucky someone else.

Boolit Master

Best mid-highend 1911 for single stack?

Well, I’ve been known to carry a Colt Gold Cup National Match with Ivory stocks as an el cheapo substitute, lol.

Back to the OP- The thumb safety will probably be sharp edged. A few swipes with the file, some sand paper, and a cold blue pen will take care of it.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by lefty o View Post
    who cares what it costs. if you feel comfortable with it, and trust it fully. even if it costs $5000, what is your life worth?
    Don't ask my wife that question! You might give her ideas��

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Dpmsman View Post
    Don't ask my wife that question! You might give her ideas��
    im not here to argue values. if you feel good carrying an expensive pistol, dont tell the wife LOL . if you feel good with a less costly pistol dont tell her that either as she will want to know where the rest of the money is!

Boolit Master
    I have no intention of CCW my Les Baer, but I will say that the Les Baer is one of the best looking 1911s with some actual carry wounds and scratches. There is a guy on 1911 forum who has over 130,000 rounds through his premier II. It is still a **** fine looking gun. But.....I can also say that Glock makes a **** fine plastic pistol. I have never had a failure to feed that was not my fault (OAL too long on hand load 40 cal truncated lead) on any of the Glocks I have owned.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rfd View Post
    Some good points made already. The cost is a small factor when it comes to your life. The only problem I can see is if you happen to drop the expensive gun on rough concrete and mar it up. If that happens your going to feel bad.

Personal opinion here... I don't believe your high dollar Les Baer's increased accuracy potential is going to help you if your dealing with the split second decision to use your weapon in response to a threat. After all are you going to ask them to please stand still so you can make a nicer three shot group or a nice tight double tap?

One also needs to remember that IF you use your weapon in response to a threat you probably won't see it again for close to a year after law enforcement take it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by birch View Post
    I have no intention of CCW my Les Baer, but I will say that the Les Baer is one of the best looking 1911s with some actual carry wounds and scratches. There is a guy on 1911 forum who has over 130,000 rounds through his premier II. It is still a **** fine looking gun. But.....I can also say that Glock makes a **** fine plastic pistol. I have never had a failure to feed that was not my fault (OAL too long on hand load 40 cal truncated lead) on any of the Glocks I have owned.
    I realize you sent me a PM telling me I couldn't post on anything you posted on so here goes.. I'm curious if your using hand loads in your carry weapons.

Boolit Master

Best mid-highend 1911 for single stack?

Y’all crack me up.

If the gun gets marred up, I don’t care. It’s a tool, lol.

Last edited by Love Life; 01-23-2018 at 10:04 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast