Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingWideners
Load DataSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Inline Fabrication
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Best mid-highend 1911 for single stack?

Quote Originally Posted by Dpmsman View Post
    My problem is I don’t have access to any of these guns. I have a friend with a Sti DVC classic but it’s out of my price range. The closest place that would possibly have higher end 1911s is 2 hours away. Right now I’m stuck in the house and couldn’t stand being in a car that long. I just had my ACL reconstructed and Meniscus Repaired. I figured you guys wouldn’t lead me astray.
    Uh. Order directly to your FFL. Most of my LGS's around here have a "website" which links back to Gallery of Guns, and they don't charge the FFL fee if I order from "them".

Boolit Master
    When I was much younger and ignorant I never bought into accurizing 1911’s. I thought that nothing on earth in my hands could outshoot my Colt Gold Cup.

Then I shot a Wilson Combat. Boy was I ever wrong! Now I have 2 Wilson’s and a Les Baer among a plethora of the other common brands. For me, the closest thing to those high end pistols are my STI’s at half the price. My Sig 1911 would be a close second at less than $1000.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Master
    Yup==Me as well. I was always a Colt hoarder. I still love Colt, but the custom gun makers really do create works of art. One of my goals--to have one 1911 from the big 4: Les Baer, Wilson Combat, Brown, and Nighthawk. I also want to have one each of the three generations of Colt SAA. Those are the only guns that I care to have more than one in my collection.

I guess I could own a Guncrafter as well. Oh man--life is too short and money too tight!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234