Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RepackboxReloading EverythingWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2

Thread: Henry single shot trigger

Boolit Buddy

Henry single shot trigger

Although I've never seen or handled one yet I'm contemplating ordering a Henry .44mag single shot from LGS. Not worried about Henry quality but wondering what kind of trigger pull it might have. With my luck it's going to have a creepy nasty 6lb. pull and that's what's causes a little hesitation here. Anyone care to hazard a guess or opinion on whether a gunsmith (not me) can get a clean breaking 4lb. pull out of a design like this?

Boolit Buddy
    I don't see why not. If a handi rifle trigger can be cleaned up, I don't see why a Henry trigger couldn't?

Boolit Buddy

Bill
    I have no firsthand knowledge of single shot triggers and my expertise is limited to installing Timney triggers in bolt actions or Wolff spring kits in Rugers. I like the looks of the blue steel Henry SS and have lots of brass and a half dozen bullet molds so the .44 would make a nice tree stand deer rifle and an enjoyable range plinker. I despise heavy, creepy triggers and was wondering if the design is such that a reasonably skilled smith can clean it up or.....if I just gambled and ordered one it would come through pretty decent as is?