Reloading EverythingRepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad Data
WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions Wanted: Legal Help Organizations

Boolit Master

Opinions Wanted: Legal Help Organizations

I keep getting mail, email, etc from USCCA and seeing ads in the gun mags for Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network. Does anyone have an opinion on these? Hopefully, no one has had to use either but if so, what was the experience? If either or both is worthwhile, which would you recommend? Are there others out there(NRA?) that provide similar service?
    John
    W.TN

Vendor Sponsor

US Law Shield is another one .. There are at least 4 companies all offering about the same services that I know of
    I will say US Law Shield is regularly sending me info on results of cases, on things to think about (no cost training ideas, situation awareness ect)
    and of course pay for training .. better than some that take your money and you only hear from them again next year when its time to renew
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master

Acldn that’s massads outfit. Watch his videos and maybe you will decide from there.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Having it would almost infer intent, to me.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    I went with USCCA I thought they had a little more coverage for the money.
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    I can see where this could thought by some, but at the same time, having car insurance or medical insurance does not mean that someone has "intent"( or "intended) to get into a car accident, or need medical treatment. Insurance is simply a way to offset any cost incurred by whatever one has insured.

It does remind me though, of buying insurance just before you get on an airplane. Back when they used to offer a policy right there in the airport in a "vending machine"... { For those who never heard of such a thing.. here is a link to learn what I am talking about>> Some Airport Ins. Vend. Machine info Note the very last sentence in the article... }

Dunno if that sort of thing is still offered anywhere, anymore, but I kind of thought it a bit paranoid of anyone who bought it. The likelihood/odds of being involved in a plane crash is probably comparable to the likelihood/odds of being in a self defense situation for most folks. IMO, of course.

I do not have any experience in having any sort of insurance like this, but at the same time, I am not worrying about it either. "Qui sera sera"... YMMV of course.

G'Luck! to the OP, & an interesting subject in a way. Certainly apropos for the group that frequents this site. Thanks for bringing it up!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Buddy
    I'm afraid that this insurance will be lobbied towards making it mandatory for carrying - it's the only reason I'm not supporting any of those.

Boolit Grand Master

It's no problem to stop emails from such. Just block the address. As far as USPS mail, there is a return address on their mailings. Either fill the return envelope with junk paper and return it, or trash it.
    Ain't no free lunch, you have to pay for what you expect to get. If the service is suspect, ignore it. If it offers service you need, proceed.
    Warning, it is insurance and you'll only find it's worthless if you try to use it. Of course, it might be all you expect also.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Grand Master

And it no more shows intent than fire insurance shows intent to arson!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    Let's think about this statement for a bit. You're carrying a deadly weapon for what reason?

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Mark as spam. I 'unregistered' and still get the stuff.
    Whatever!

I gave it a lot of thought and study, and ended up going with the NRA's program, CarryGuard, at the Silver level. About $250 per year.

One of the different programs went like this: You pay a monthly premium into the fund, and if you need a defense we'll devote 1/2 of the money in the fund to your case. But the question arises, what if there are several incidents in play at the same time? Seems to me you could have precious little available for your defense, and the plan might even bankrupt. The NRA's plan seems the most comprehensive, and they are backed by an actual well respected insurance company.

Yes, I'm sure (having been in court many times) that a defense attorney will ask why you obtained the insurance and were you planning on using it?

I've already got my answer: No, but we're living in an increasingly evil world, and I couldn't ignore the possibility that I might need it through no fault of my own. The same reason that I buy auto and fire insurance.

Better to have and not need, than need and not have. Nobody wants to be involved in a traffic collision or have their house burn down -- but these things do happen. Trouble can come your way.....

Boolit Master

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

George Zimmerman did not have it. He owes legal bills in excess of half a million dollars.
    I guess that is the cost of freedom!
    I would rather pay USCCA than risk that kind of debt.
    NRA treated USCCA poorly when NRA launched their competing insurance line.
    Yes, I am a life NRA member.

Boolit Buddy
    +1 on previous post brassmagnet took the words right out my mouth.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    George Zimmerman did not have it. He owes legal bills in excess of half a million dollars.
    The story I heard was that his attorneys took the case pro bono, but after he started an online effort to raise money, and raised about $.5mm for his legal fees, the lawyers decided that they should bill him. The total bill was over $2mm, the money from the online effort went to the attornies, and Z hasn’t actually paid anything himself. He went into the process broke and making poor life decisions, and he came out of the process broke and making poor life decisions.

Not debating your point, just always found the story interesting.

I'm NRA life too but went with US Law Shield. As a CCW permitee I felt it was better to be prepared and know you have an attorney on call if needed then try to find one after the fact.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Thanks for your research, DCP. Myself, being an NRA Benefactor Life Member, I continuously received e-mailings from them about CarryGuard.Their program looks much better in the second analysis than the first, but USCCA also seems to be a good program. I'll just point out several things, none of which are meant to attack anyone's choice of program. First, the NRA program has different levels of coverage and you can buy what you think you might need. Secondly, speaking just for yourself and myself, as long term ex-LEOs I think we've already gotten a level of training far above what any of these programs teach and know very well when a shooting is or isn't justifiable. Also, at my age and condition of health, it just doesn't matter if someone attacks me with a club, brick, knife, gun, or even fists -- if they are capable of inflicting great bodily harm to me and trying to do it, they will meet with the same response which is to be shot. Covered! As for home, spouse, travel, etc., everyone's circumstances are different and you have to choose a plan according to your individual needs. Again, thanks, nice comparison chart. I'm sure all these plans will evolve to some extent with time.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by BrassMagnet View Post
    I would rather pay USCCA than risk that kind of debt.
    NRA treated USCCA poorly when NRA launched their competing insurance line.
    Yes, I am a life NRA member.
    Other than competition, was there any reason that "NRA dis-invited the USCCA from their convention earlier this year"? Last quote from ConcealedCarry.com.
    John
    W.TN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast