Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Mihec 502-600 Repeat, 2 cav, GC, with Cramer pins

Boolit Master

I think it will work.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    Attachment 219837Attachment 219838
    Behold another beauty!
    I do believe the JR deep pin will fit this mold.
    I'm envious, that is a beauty!! I'm still waiting for my Paypal invoice ti show up.

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	97C63C1D-F141-4C5E-9D46-1ACC6CB6EEBB.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	220236
    May have a problem.
    Anybody else?

Plinker, is that a ding on the right cavity? If that's what you are talking about, it shouldn't be a problem as it isn't in the bullet cavity. I would just lightly file it flush with the surface, insert the pin of choice, and run it. If it is the blocks not closing, loosen the two guide pins that screw into the point pin about a half a turn and that should clear up that issue. Also make sure the sliding/guide pins are screwed into the correct side of the point pin. One side of the threaded hole is chamfered and one side is milled flat.
    If none of that is the problem then I'm at a loss.
    Last edited by readr1; 05-11-2018 at 12:06 PM.

In Remembrance
    Plate Plinker, I have this mold also. Tried the pins in one of them. All fit nicely. As Readr1 stated, look closely at the pins. One side is counter sunk for the mounting screws to screw in. Leave the screws loose and close the mold. This centers up the pins in the mold cavity. Lightly snug the screws, then back off about 1/8 th. turn. If problem Persists, try putting pin in without screws. If mold still does not close, pins are most likely the problem. In that case , contact Duke IN Florida, the honcho for this buy. He Will help you resolve the problem. A very good man to deal with. You might try some of the other pins that came with that mold. Best wishes to you.
    Last edited by Iron Whittler; 05-11-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Boolit Master

I think the pins are oversized. Will be measuring later today or tomorrow. The pins from the 400 nor the 700 fit either. Stay tuned.

In Remembrance
    DukeInFlorida, I would just like to say THANK YOU for an outstanding job of being a Honcho for this buy and others that you have done. Without the Honchos, the members of this forum most likely would not have had the opportunity to get some of these world class boolit molds. Best wishes. Iron Whittler

Boolit Master

Well I measured and the holes are .371 but the pins are all .392, so apparently a step in the reaming procedure was skipped. Those who bought these should probably check your molds in case there are others.
    I am sending a PM to Duke as a heads up.

In Remembrance

Since none of the others have the same problem, it's most likely that Miha accidentally included the wrong bag of pins when he put this one mold package together. In which case, the fix is to simply ship a new bag of pins, presumably the correct ones. Plate Plinker has sent an email off to Miha, which should get it done. Just keep me informed, especially if you don't hear back from Miha.

BTW, the molds and pins SHOULD be right, and Miha stands behind every mold he makes. However, in a pinch, you could drill out the holes such that the pins do fit. Not everyone has a complete set of drill bits.

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Man
    I feel like a kid around Christmas waiting for this mold to show up, except I don't know the date.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    Well I measured and the holes are .371 but the pins are all .392, so apparently a step in the reaming procedure was skipped. Those who bought these should probably check your molds in case there are others.
    I am sending a PM to Duke as a heads up.
    Please see your personal messages
    www.mp-molds.com
    --------------------------------------
    If you want to win, you must not lose

Boolit Buddy
    Dose anybody have any experience with this boolit? I am new to the 500 i just got a S&W 10.5 performance center. I am looking at this one or maybe a 440gr. I cant find any load data on this or one like it. Also is a plain base a good idea with this one. I like the idea of plain base if i dont get leading and accuracy dose not go to crap.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345