Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackbox
WidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Load Data

Thread: 10/22 build finally done and im pretty happy

Boolit Master

10/22 build finally done and im pretty happy

took the 10/22 in trade not really wanting one but what I traded it for I wanted less. After I shot it a relized someone did a great job on the trigger previous owner said that's how he bought it about 10 years prior. its a 1989 rifle so possible early kidd trigger or just a good smith job? anyway crisp and 1lb 8oz I like it.
    My first goal was to get a new barrel I wanted something long like 24" and I was going to try and make it look like a older 22lr target rifle on the lines of the 513t, win52, rem40x ?
    Well cost was to much so I went for a KIDD 20" .920 barrel and a titan stock. I had the barrel fitted with a front globe sight base and rear mount for a redfield match sight set set up (test that out when the weather warms)
    Took a while to get it done but its starting off on the right path.

MATCH SIGHT SET UP

SCOPE SET UP- Mueller 8x32x44 tactial side AO burris quick detach rings.

TARGET- 50 yards bench with harris bipod for testing

From Left to Right= row 1 top is from another rifle at 25 yards
    row 2 bottom two dots are the first 2 groups from my bore laser zero at home earlier
    row 3 and 4 where shot row 3 bottom to top row 4 top to bottom 2 shots each

ammo tested was RWS special match but I will most likely top off my ammo choices at the $7/50 mark as this will be a fun gun for steel and SR 10 ring accuracy at 200 yards should be easy with decent ammo
    fun rifle now

by far my best shooting 22lr. I still need to run my 513t with a nice scope

sub moa is always good

In Remembrance

Nice job, I have always been drawn to the Redfield/Lyman type sights and a few months back was finally able to try them out on my Remington.
    I really like your set up on that 10/22.

Boolit Master

Fine fine work,there is a reason these are the most made,copied and customized 22s on the planet !just a word of warning it is an addictive hobby and they will multiply. Please don't ask me how I know.

Boolit Grand Master

Watch the gun shows occasionally 22 take off barrels show up from the old match rifles. Also Gunsmiths may have some sitting around used. These can be set back an inch or so and a new chamber and throat cut making for a great barrel. ( I have seen a lot of martini cadets in 218 bee and 22 hornet with barrels from win 52s or 75s refit and chambered on them.

That's a good looking rifle and should be great shooter.

One addition if your planning on shooting both Iron sights and scope is an adjustable cheek piece. An adjustable butt plate would be nice also.

Test several brands and lots of ammo in it. See what it likes. I have gotten best results at 200 yds with standard velocity ammo over the High velocity versions.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by nagantguy View Post
    Fine fine work,there is a reason these are the most made,copied and customized 22s on the planet !just a word of warning it is an addictive hobby and they will multiply. Please don't ask me how I know.
    the model 60 has it beat by 2x on production numbers BUT for after market goodies.....hide your F'n wallet.
    I have owned many 10/22s over the past 30 years and basically wrote them off and stuck with my 60s. This rifle was one of those.... " I traded a gun with little cash out on my end so its not s bad little project. In hind sight I should have just saved and picked up a nice bolt gun and scope

Very nice.....I added a set of anschutz sights to a 10/22 .....made a fun "mini palma" rifle out of it......

Might wanna try SK ammo.....I have been getter groups out it then I have with RWS ....all shot from my anschutz

Aaron

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    Watch the gun shows occasionally 22 take off barrels show up from the old match rifles. Also Gunsmiths may have some sitting around used. These can be set back an inch or so and a new chamber and throat cut making for a great barrel. ( I have seen a lot of martini cadets in 218 bee and 22 hornet with barrels from win 52s or 75s refit and chambered on them.

That's a good looking rifle and should be great shooter.

One addition if your planning on shooting both Iron sights and scope is an adjustable cheek piece. An adjustable butt plate would be nice also.

Test several brands and lots of ammo in it. See what it likes. I have gotten best results at 200 yds with standard velocity ammo over the High velocity versions.
    The options out there with adjustable combs and recoil pads was thin and expensive.
    I I bought and tried a few stocks and just did not like them. I will most likely figure out a way to out fit this stock with something or eventually come across a stock I like.
    I tried Boyds varmint stock as it has the look I was after but both where ****. Fit was poor and the wood was very soft.
    I was thinking of cutting the comb on this and filling the void with expoxy and use a universal comb kit I have installed a several of my guns

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 55fairlane View Post
    Very nice.....I added a set of anschutz sights to a 10/22 .....made a fun "mini palma" rifle out of it......

Might wanna try SK ammo.....I have been getter groups out it then I have with RWS ....all shot from my anschutz

Aaron
    The 1000 rounds of SK standard plus I bought shot very well through my 513t I hesitated buying more as it was first time. When I went back the shop did not have any.
    For now CCI SV and Centerion target from the cmp will have to do until stock depletes and wallet recovers