WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2Lee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationReloading Everything
Repackbox

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

When it pleased God…to reveal His Son in me… GALATIANS 1:15-16
    The call of God is not a call to serve Him in any particular way. My contact with the nature of God will shape my understanding of His call and will help me realize what I truly desire to do for Him. The call of God is an expression of His nature; the service which results in my life is suited to me and is an expression of my nature. The call of the natural life was stated by the apostle Paul— “When it pleased God…to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him [that is, purely and solemnly express Him] among the Gentiles….”
    Service is the overflow which pours from a life filled with love and devotion. But strictly speaking, there is no call to that. Service is what I bring to the relationship and is the reflection of my identification with the nature of God. Service becomes a natural part of my life. God brings me into the proper relationship with Himself so that I can understand His call, and then I serve Him on my own out of a motivation of absolute love. Service to God is the deliberate love-gift of a nature that has heard the call of God. Service is an expression of my nature, and God’s call is an expression of His nature. Therefore, when I receive His nature and hear His call, His divine voice resounds throughout His nature and mine and the two become one in service. The Son of God reveals Himself in me, and out of devotion to Him service becomes my everyday way of life.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Moderator Emeritus

To serve God with the talents we have, and He gave us, is the highest praise we can give GOD!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Funny it was my little dog Casey that got me pointed in the right direction.

I bought an electric scooter last june so I could get Casey the exercise he needs.
    One day were were in a church parking lot just tooling around. Then take a 2 min break in the shade and go trot the dog some more.

He spotted some people sitting on a bench outside the local nursing home across the street.
    6 lanes of heavy traffic. And when I went to turn for home he turned for Manorcare.

And around and around and around we went. Until I stopped. He's looking at me with this smiling face. "Dad we need to go this way"

Little yeller we need to go home!

"No dad, not yet, your ok, you have water for both of us, and a bowl for me to drink it.
    Your sitting on your scooter, no strain. Please?"

Ok pup. So we worked our way to the corner, crossed at the light. Rolled in and started conversation. About the scooter at first. Casey is doing his magic.

You know he never met a person he did not like. He met a couple he did not trust to have their hands on him. (both black)

Now Casey and I are regulars at the Manor. We are listed on the volunteer staff. Have name badges, and the staff have huge smiles for us when they see us.

No I did not know where I was going, but little yeller did. The Lord works in mysterious ways sometimes. Service, to me that is at the heart of it. Step outside yourself, see people through the Lords eyes, see what they need. And if you can give even a taste of that. A smidgeon, a skosh, a pinch of love, caring and understanding. True empathy and caring.

Well you can make a big difference.

Good one RL.

Boolit Master

Thank you for a great lesson, Amen.