RepackboxTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionWideners
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Perfecta 9mm Brass...

Boolit Master

Perfecta 9mm Brass...

I can get some of this stuff once-fired...

Anyone reload it? Would it be worth buying at $20/1000...

Thanks...BCB

Boolit Master
    I don’t know, but I toss it. Having lots of brass means that I can be picky.

Boolit Grand Master

I load some in 45 auto, never a problem with it.
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Grand Master
    No experience with that brass make. 9mm tends to have some wide tolerances between makers, I only use a couple makes--Remington and Starline. The R-P is getting phased out (from age and use) and getting replaced with SL as time goes on.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    The Perfecta 9mm brass I saved from shooting works well for reloading for me. It appears to have been made by Sellier and Bellot too. So I think it is pretty good brass. Fiocchi was supposed to make some as well. But Perfecta being a low cost brand, Wal Mart had used multiple companies to make it for them in the different calibers. Even though the boxes are pretty plain, they usually have where it was made in the fine print though.

Boolit Master
    I did a search online about Perfecta brass, and it's made by Fiocchi, and the Italian military had something to do with it. I haven't loaded much of it in 9mm, but at $20/k, I think it would be worth buying it. If it turns out to be junk, you haven't lost much IMO.

Boolit Grand Master

I've had several issues with flash holes being off center and tying up my presses. Perfecta, Amerc and a few others I don't even bother with anymore. Plenty of good cheap brass out there. Personally, id avoid it, but it's entirely your choice.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post
    I've had several issues with flash holes being off center and tying up my presses. Perfecta, Amerc and a few others I don't even bother with anymore. Plenty of good cheap brass out there. Personally, id avoid it, but it's entirely your choice.
    This has been my experience as well particularly in 223.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I've reloaded Perfecta quite a bit, and I would put it up against any other. Their .380 ammo is awesome! Pretty close to Fiocchi in velocity, feeds perfectly, and is 9mm cheap. I buy it every time it's available.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master

I've reloaded Perfecta in 9 & 45. No problems with either. Plus it cleans up well.

Boolit Master

BCB, is the Perfecta brass you're looking at already cleaned?

Boolit Master
    I have used it in 9 and 45 as well , when loading out of my mixed brass bucket - it worked fine for me . If I needed some brass I'd try it at 20 .00 A thousand you don't have to feel bad about losing it .

Boolit Master

BCB, is the Perfecta brass you're looking at already cleaned? Shipped?
    If so 2 cents each is a good price IMO.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bmi48219 View Post
    BCB, is the Perfecta brass you're looking at already cleaned? Shipped?
    If so 2 cents each is a good price IMO.
    Cleaned, but not shipped...

Boolit Master

I also have loaded perfecta 9mm brass with no issues have around 250 ct from range pickup

Boolit Buddy
    ive loaded perfecta brass in 9mm , 40 s&w , and 357 mag with no issues . some of the 357's are up to 14 or 15 reloads so far

Boolit Grand Master
    Well, Fiocchi brass has been good stuff for me in all respects. $20/1K is a killer price, too. If shipping doesn't bite ya too hard, it might be a good gamble.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master

So with shipping (assuming in a MFRB) you're paying $34 / 1000. 3.4 cents each. I would think that's about average going rate, if you can afford it get 2000, they'll still all fit in a MFRB, price per piece will drop to 2.7 cents.