MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingWideners
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: Dillon older model vibrating tumbler -repair!

Boolit Buddy

Dillon older model vibrating tumbler -repair!

Hi Fellow Re-loaders,

My unit has been in use for about 35 years! That's a good run for any product!
    In case you ever have a bearing problem with your Dillon older style vibrator, it's a easy fix if your handy.

The bearings are V-608 or 608RS sealed roller type! It should have a AMERICAN made Emerson motor.
    Don't know if the newer model used the same motor.

The sealed bearings are used mainly on bikes, roller skates & skate boards. The new bearings cost me $11 for two. at a local bearing shop.
    I figured if the motor is trash, the garbage man will not care if it's in one piece or apart!. I have to buy a new Dillon unit at over $148 or $190 + shipping!
    I hope others here have had better luck with other brands! I had no joy with the low cost units!

After a quick look on line, I saw that most (close)replacement motors ran over $100 + shipping.
    So that was not a option! Carefully took it apart & improvised a bearing puller cleaned it up & reinstalled the bearings. I have to say the armature & winding looked like new!
    Be VERY CAREFUL handling the fan it bends easy!
    It's working well!

Good Luck,
    broom

Boolit Master
    The newer one I took apart had bronze sleeve bearings. After a bit of finagiling I got another year out of it for the owner. I'm sticking to my lortone.

Boolit Master

Was this a FL-2000? I have one that could use new parts.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Plate plinker View Post
    Was this a FL-2000? I have one that could use new parts.
    ^ +1 ^ I have one that sits in the corner for the last 5 years. Would be great to get it operating at a reasonable price.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Buddy
    Hi Fellows,

jsizemore was the motor made in America or China? With a little luck you might fine new bronze bearings at one of the bearing places on line. - Granger for one!

I don't recall the model # CL-400 ? It's the small unit, the decals flaked off years ago. I'm told that "IF" I call Dillon again.... I might get a new tumbler. They only give you 1 year now But this one is OLD & might be covered under to old NBG policy. Dillon has been great to deal with for many years. Heck 30 + year of use!

Be well & ENJOY life,
    broom

35 years of use before service is required! I've had some handguns that needed full rebuilds in half that time. Keep us posted on when you next have to work on your vibrator. I hope I'm still around to read it. Dillon makes some good stuff.

Boolit Master
    I did a bearing job on my 500 a many years ago. The bearings were fine, but they had hammered out the end caps on the motor. I peened the housings, and used locktite to glue in new bearings and it has been fine since.

The 608 bearings were under $1 a piece online, but you had to buy 10 at a time. Still a cheap fix when Dillon wanted 75% the cost of a new one to repair mine.

Mine of 30 or so years of service finally gagged, called Dillon and they asked what the lid color was grey or Dillon blue. Mine was grey so no lifetime replacement so I ordered a new one and it now has a 5 year warranty.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    My FL-2000 needed some springs a while back but seems to be working well now . I forgot what year I bought it , anybody know what year they stopped selling them ?

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Buddy
    My 2000 died and Dillon replaced it with the 001 model.............no charge. Warranty on the new version tho is NOT the old forever model.......Still, I got plus 20 years outta the original!!