Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
Reloading Everything

Thread: Gummy Remington recoil pads

Boolit Master

Gummy Remington recoil pads

I have 2 Model 7’s that have the gummy factory recoil pads that actually stick to the bottom of my safe.

I tried emailing them. The response is that they are out of warranty.

Does anyone know anything about this issue? I seem to recall something about the pad manufacturer helping out on this problem.
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

Boolit Master

I had the same issues on my T/C omega T/C replaced it Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151120_224652_resized.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	212020
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Master

honnstly, rubber pads are only good for a few years, whether they turn to mush or get hard as a rock. best thing for your pads is for your rifles and shotguns to be stored muzzle down.

Banned
    contact Limbsaver they have replaced mine under warranty

Boolit Master

Had the same issue with Limbsaver pads. They stated that they got a bad batch of material. Replaced the pads for me.

Boolit Master

Same. I had a limbsaver that came on a customer contender stock. Contacted limsaver directly and sent them the stock. They replaced the pad for free and ground it to fit for a nominal fee. Give them a call. They'll stand behind it b

Banned
    another reason i love my wrap around steel butt plate..

I think they just go bad after x many years. Had some go bad, there was a recall and I got them replaced. Told me the same "got a a bad batch of stuff" 3-4 year later one of them was stuck to the carpet again. Just went back to a wood stock with a plastic recoil pad on it. The other ones seem fine so far.

Boolit Buddy

the kind of rubber they are using for the pads now days is not a long term rubber as it once was.
    I like 1911's and Wheel Guns , Wood Stocks and Blue Metal , Dislike Black on Black and Magazines on Rifles whats this country coming to.
    Amateur Radio Station -KB5SMG- since 1994 Call sign change as of 8-15-17 WB5MG *** My Station now consist of a new * Icom 7300 * along with a new * Ameritron AL-80B Amp * and various other goodies. * Alinco DX70T * HF radio in my truck I can Be emailed at rockinpmanager@gmail.com

South of the Equator and North of Capricorn
    I have three English shot guns well over 100yrs old ,and two BSA sporting rifles ,one 1912 manufacture and one from the early 20,s all fitted with Silvers red rubber pads and not one of them is at the point of replacement , maybe a bit discoloured from being coated with varnish when first fitted .I bought a few Lyman decelorator pads a while back that were listed on Lymans website as old stock for 9.00US each +post to Australia ,I have used one so far . They are around $80.00AUD here at the LGS. IIRC I bought 12 of the large size and 12 of the medium size .Probably will out last me.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by BigEyeBob View Post
    I have three English shot guns well over 100yrs old ,and two BSA sporting rifles ,one 1912 manufacture and one from the early 20,s all fitted with Silvers red rubber pads and not one of them is at the point of replacement , maybe a bit discoloured from being coated with varnish when first fitted .I bought a few Lyman decelorator pads a while back that were listed on Lymans website as old stock for 9.00US each +post to Australia ,I have used one so far . They are around $80.00AUD here at the LGS. IIRC I bought 12 of the large size and 12 of the medium size .Probably will out last me.
    while they may physically outlast you, at some point (usually way shorter than youd think) they turn hard and you may as well have a steel buttplate for all the good they do.

I got lucky when my butt plate got gummy. It was still under warranty so they replaced it.
    Last edited by Hawks Feather; 01-18-2018 at 03:51 PM. Reason: spell check messed it up.

Boolit Buddy
    Same thing happened to me with a Limbsaver pad on a rifle I inherited. I just took it off and installed a Decelator. Much better now. I contacted Limbsaver by email and got a sarcastic "Oh really..." response. Just chose not to pursue it.

Boolit Buddy
    All my limbsaver pads have gone sticky, that's why I like pachmayr decelerator pads. I've never had a problem with them and never expect to.

Boolit Master

I coat sticky pads with Baby powder and wipe them off good for at least a year then repeat.

Pads solidifying like a brick are a bigger problem IMHO

Boolit Master

I have been using Kickeez pads since the early 90's on my shotguns, still soft and not sticky. They are my 1st choice followed by Decelerators.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle