MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Wideners
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackboxInline Fabrication
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LC 9mm ?

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

Ruger LC 9mm ?

I have pocket carried a 380 Ruger LCP for about 5 years . Was thinking about an LC 9mm , I know it comes in a hammer or striker model . Like most I don't care for the long pull trigger safety but am use to it .
    If you have used both which would you carry ?
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master
    I have both. The LC9 s is superior. The LC9 has been retired.

Boolit Buddy

I had an LC9 and a LCP. The nine is better. You can pick up the hammer fired 9 cheap and do some trigger work on it.

Quote Originally Posted by marlin39a View Post
    I have both. The LC9 s is superior. The LC9 has been retired.
    I know it wasn't long ago they dropped the price on the hammer model running them on sale ...dumping them but didn't know they quit making them . Still a lot of used around though .

Banned

LC9s Pro
    No safety
    No trigger disconnect
    Great trigger, very light so you need to get used to the great trigger

Boolit Master

I have the LC9s Pro and a LCR 9; the LCR 9 is getting more carry time at present, but I like them both.

Banned

Agree
    I have a couple LCR 9mms
    They are great

Moderator Emeritus

Charlie, I have the LC9 ProS and really love it.....Dont own but have shot the LCP....hate the trigger....it will hide better but I routinely carry the LC9 in a DeSantis pocket holster and it carries really well....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Other than my magazine disconnect issue, I love the LC9S pro, even put some talon grips on it for better grip. I downsized to a LCP II just cause its easier to disguise in dress slacks.
    My feedback page if you feel inclined to add:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-Shooter

Thanks Yall!

Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    Charlie, I have the LC9 ProS and really love it.....Dont own but have shot the LCP....hate the trigger....it will hide better but I routinely carry the LC9 in a DeSantis pocket holster and it carries really well....Paul
    Yea , the long pull trigger is a bummer . When I bought it the Keltec and Ruger were the best choice of pocket gun (In my opinion) , the Keltec was 32 ACP and Ruger 380 ACP , I liked the Ruger . Took me a few trips to the range to adjust but did fine with it . I don't get to the range much these days and find it takes a box of rounds to get me back on track . In a real emergency situation I probably will not have time to get off a lot of practice rounds ? I wanted a 9mm when I bought the LCP but there were none that suited me . I had carried a 1903 Colt for years
    Two reasons I was thinking about a 9mm Ruger was step up in caliber and no long pull .

Ruger just came out ith an EC9S, FWIW. About $200 less than the LC9S.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Banned

I'm not a big fan. Just don't like the way they feel in my hand. that said my wife has one and its a darned good reliable gun. Every bit as reliable as my glock 43 or my shield. The new E model scattershot is taking about is one with fixed sights which is no big deal to me with a ccw gun and should go out the door for less then 300 bucks. for that price I just might have to buy one for a truck gun

Boolit Master

LCP will always have a place in my EDC. I have one with a belt clip on it and it is always with me. Not the easiest to shoot, but out to five yards can out seven in a head size group rather quickly.

The LC9s is a good single stacked 9mm. Like others, I think the PRO version is the one to get of buying new. I had a LC9, and liked it. But I like DAO pocket guns.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Quote Originally Posted by scattershot View Post
    Ruger just came out ith an EC9S, FWIW. About $200 less than the LC9S.
    Looked up the ...EC9S . WOW ! Quite a bit cheaper than the LC9S pro . Sights are not as good as the LC9S but it's a 'close up' gun anyway . Comes with only one mag . They cut some corners but still looks like a good carry gun ...I like Ruger .

Banned

It is built around the LCP II trigger which is good
    Not at the same level as the LC9s trigger but good
    I have a couple LCP IIs and the trigger is a huge improvement over the original LCP
    For the $$$ I have no doubt it is a great value

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty Red View Post
    LCP will always have a place in my EDC. I have one with a belt clip on it and it is always with me. Not the easiest to shoot, but out to five yards can out seven in a head size group rather quickly.

The LC9s is a good single stacked 9mm. Like others, I think the PRO version is the one to get of buying new. I had a LC9, and liked it. But I like DAO pocket guns.

I agree , I will keep my LCP . It has had a lot of rounds through it and never a problem . My daughter was gathering clothes to wash and she threw my pants in the washer with the LCP in em . Next morning I was looking for it , couldn't believe it was not where I always laid it . Then it hit me ! I looked in the washer and in was laying in there . Took it apart , WD 40 , drying it out . Nothing ever rusted and never had a problem . So I guess they are washing machine safe ?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    I agree , I will keep my LCP . It has had a lot of rounds through it and never a problem . My daughter was gathering clothes to wash and she threw my pants in the washer with the LCP in em . Next morning I was looking for it , couldn't believe it was not where I always laid it . Then it hit me ! I looked in the washer and in was laying in there . Took it apart , WD 40 , drying it out . Nothing ever rusted and never had a problem . So I guess they are washing machine safe ?
    LOL, I did that three or four times with a 3AT! I still have it has a spare. But got this LCP in a trade and now it's carried.

I’m seeing the LC9 at giveaway prices, but I’ve also heard they have a God-awful trigger. Is it as bad as everyone seems to think? Is there a reasonable fix?
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by scattershot View Post
    I’m seeing the LC9 at giveaway prices, but I’ve also heard they have a God-awful trigger. Is it as bad as everyone seems to think? Is there a reasonable fix?
    It's just a long DAO trigger. Better than most snubbie DAO triggers.

Boolit Master

Not bad at all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast