RotoMetals2WidenersRepackboxInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Air Arms TX200

Boolit Master

Air Arms TX200

When I got my rifle I put a Leapers UTG scope on it. I didn't like it at all. I had a great gun and a **** scope. I decided to try a Vortex 6-18x44AO with Dead hold BDC.
    So far I am liking the scope but I would like a better mount. For now it is a wicked accurate combination.

I got a chance to shoot last weekend and I just love this rifle. I was not shooting supported. I had a bag for the front but I kept my hand between the bag and the gun.

Then I moved back to 30 yards. My first shot went wonky. I decided instead of a 5 shot group I did a 10 shot group.

So Saturday I decided it was time to try to get the skunk that lives next door. I put my camera on and used my Leupold LTO tracker to watch for it. Then when the skunk comes out turn on the light.

Unfortunately the skunk didn't come out of his hole. I will have to work on that again soon.

Looks good with the vortex on it. Very accurate and good looks to boot!

Banned
    I've got a pair, 22 and .177.both of mine are worked over a bit but with practice can shoot 1/2" at 50 yards often enough to keep me smiling !

Boolit Master
    Your previous post about getting your TX200 caused me to get myself one for my Christmas present. I put a SWFA 10X on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by LIMPINGJ View Post
    Your previous post about getting your TX200 caused me to get myself one for my Christmas present. I put a SWFA 10X on mine.
    Ive got a swfa 12x on one as well.im very happy with it
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries

Boolit Master
    I will look at the SWFA scopes.

Boolit Master
    There is a serious defect in these rifles. As a gesture of goodwill I'd be more than happy to examine and test fire these rifles for you guys at no charge. Just ship them to me and I'll have them all checked out and return them in a couple of years or so.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Multigunner View Post
    There is a serious defect in these rifles. As a gesture of goodwill I'd be more than happy to examine and test fire these rifles for you guys at no charge. Just ship them to me and I'll have them all checked out and return them in a couple of years or so.

Vendor Sponsor

I have one in 177 and it is my tree rat rifle. I wanted the 22 but settled on the 177 for the reason that I was not shooting 22rf in the first place. ....Horses, barn windows, car and tractors. I do wish I had the 22 but well placed shots kill well and often exit broadside shots. Fox squirrel are tough and I am glad they are not 100 lbs and roaming free.
    Chill Wills

I really want one of these air rifles. They charge more than 100 dollars to get it in left handed. Wow I priced it and it was over 700 dollars. But I want a good springer to go with my pcp.

Boolit Mold
    Gerald, get the regular version. As a lefty, you will not have any trouble using it while loading. If you were near Lake Buchanan, Texas, you could try out mine.

Boolit Buddy
    The Walther LGU (or is it LGV, I forget) is essentially a copy of this gun and worth a look to. As are the HW97 and HW77- very close but different safety mechanism and loading port is not off to one side. My HW77 in .177 is the most accurate rifle I have.

TX200's are a fantastic rifle,as long as you keep them at 12ftlbs level. Google tx200 bracket breaking. HTH

Boolit Master
    Mine is at 15 pounds. I hear that the 12 pound ones are quite accurate. Mine is plenty accurate and I do like the little extra power.

Boolit Buddy
    They have one in .22 cal. in stock at my LGS so I put my paws on it. It is a beautiful rifle, but I was surprised at how heavy it is. It is priced at $750. My only air rifle is a 17 cal. Beeman R9 that I bought 20 years ago. It isn't a lightweight either.

Boolit Master
    They are very heavy.

Banned
    Heads up to all i.just posted my TX200 custom .22 in the swapping and selling forum.full of custom.parts.i.bought a .308 Airgun to shoot cast so I need to free up funds.for the tank.and filling accessories