Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxRotoMetals2Load DataPBcastco
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: making cast "converts"

Boolit Master

making cast "converts"

I loaned the guy who bought my practice my .44mag H+R single shot to let his 7 yr old so deer hunt with this year. I loaded him some .429421 at about 1350 fps from the rifle telling him that that combo would be easier on the kid's shoulder, quieter, ant at least as effective at under 100yds as the .243 he planned to purchase for his 1st gun. This advice, as you can imagine, was not similar to advice from others. He was skeptical. He sent me a picture of his smiling 7yr old sunday night with my gun and a small doe as his 1st deer. On a follow up phone call, could hear his son in the background say "Tell Doc his gun worked good!" I smiled inside and thought "yep"!

Boolit Master

OH, and it was at 84 yds.

Boolit Master
    Nice of ya to do that. Builds friendships & memories for all!

Close to 20 years ago, I did something somewhat the same in loaning a Winchester 20ga SS shotgun, ( we are in "shotgun zone" here) to a guy I knew, for his son to use during the kids first deer season. The young feller also got a first deer that season using it. It was returned in fine shape & cleaned. Saw the young feller last Summer & he remembered the favor & thanked me again for loaning it to him all these years later.

It is a good feeling when things like this happen...

Thanks for sharing your story with us!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Bub
    Wonder if the Dad is thinking about a .44mag instead of the .243 for the kids first rifle.

Boolit Master

Excellent! Hopefully your friend has had his eyes opened by your good deed and advise.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia