RotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: Ballpark value estimate on Win 94 357 Mag with crossbolt safety in veg cond

Boolit Buddy

Ballpark value estimate on Win 94 357 Mag with crossbolt safety in veg cond

Going to look at one this a.m. and value the opinions on this site .
    Thanks

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    If it's a limited production "Trail's End" or similar model it will easily fetch over a grand. Basic wood/blued, I would say $400.00 minimum, $500-600 is more likely. JM Marlin 1894C's fetch that much or more and there are alot more of them around.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks !

I have read that the .357 94's tend to have feeding problems, so that is something to keep in mind. These rifles are certainly uncommon enough that if you bought it, and didn't like it or had problems, you shouldn't have any problem getting your money back out of it. If you are looking at it for a shooter, remember that you can probably buy a new Henry for the same price or less.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    Had mine for 20 years .prefers 357 mag struggles with feeding 38 special .only breakage has been ejectors .great shooter though very accurate with the right load and boolit ,shoots heavy boolits very well<180gr>.trigger is much improved by lighter hammer spring and some polishing.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks Fellas !

As Columbo says, one more thing: Winchester no longer offers factory service on the New Haven guns. So if something breaks, you will have to pay for it. Whereas, outstanding warranty service comes standard with a Henry. I'm a 94 fan, but this is something to think about especially if you are going to shoot it a lot.

FWIW, there is a Trail's End on Armslist in Indiana for $800 and it's been there for some time. I'm a Marlin man myself, but I won't pay the prices that Marlin .357's are bringing...If I were to buy one right now, it would be a Rossi 92.

Thats a good deal. Armslist is more of a buyer's market, on Gunbroker that thing would sell fast as long as it's not trashed.

Quote Originally Posted by FergusonTO35 View Post
    Thats a good deal. Armslist is more of a buyer's market, on Gunbroker that thing would sell fast as long as it's not trashed.
    Depends, I've been able to land several good deals on there but there's a lot of guys who think their used guns are worth MSRP, or more

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk