Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Wideners
Repackbox Titan Reloading

Thread: Picked up a few old toys today

Boolit Master

Picked up a few old toys today

Narrowed a few toys from uncles collection to take to the range next weekend.
    He was a gunsmith and liked to make guns people have never seen like the long barrel 1911. The other guns are a numbers matching c-96 with matching holster, another 1911 frame is 1918 colt slide is from military colt but all in great shape.
    Last is an astra 600 9mm. Looks to have been fired very little.
    Wouldn't let me take the 45acp Luger or Chinese C-96 in 45acp but said he will go shooting with me latter this month and let me shoot them then.
    Until now these will be fun to play with.
    Still looking for the shoulder stock he made for the long barreled 1911 and the shoulder holster he made for it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0744.jpg   IMG_0743.jpg  

How cool is that? I'm thinking the Astra may outshoot the others. I'm green with envy of your upcoming range session. Have fun.
    Thomas

Boolit Master

I had a similar Astra 600 or 643, 9 mm para. It was one of the 30,000 the Germans ordered from Astra At start of WW2. They received the first 10,000 before border was closed. Mine wasn't delivered to Germany, it & the other 19,999 were stored until after the war, then sold. Mine was sold to West German police. Had a series of 4 letters stamped on front grip frame identifying it as property of the police force, can't remember letters. Came with original flap holster & spare magazine for $125.00 in 1983. Excellent condition. I couldn't shoot it well, between the nearly right angle grip and mini rear sight i shot consistently 8 " low. Sold it last year for 4 x what I paid. But a really solid, well finished weapon. Please post your shooting results.

Boolit Master

Cool thats interesting stuff.