Load DataLee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remington 760 cast

These sure are interesting rifles...My experience is when they like a load, they really like it and when they don't, rounds are all over the place...Very little middle ground...This rifle was my dad's and I would like for my sons to take their first deer with it...

Boolit Master
    The Remington 760 is a grand hunting rifle and the 30-06 is a grand clambering!

To the Op: I am very impressed with the overall performance with cast that your rifle is delivering. One usually does not get several different loads to perform in the same rifle. Good job!

Just a tip on getting the most of your load development:

I make my own targets using Microsoft Excel (the spreadsheet program). I liken my design to a “visual vice”. It takes the guess work out of aiming for me.

What my target consists of is four relatively equally sized solid black squares on a plain white paper. I work with the spread sheet program until I get my white space between the blackened squares to fit my cross hairs with a minimal amount of white around them. I also manipulate the black space to suit me as well. The black space is created with the cell fill option. If you are not comfortable with the program you can usually find someone who is handy with it as it is likely the premiere program of it’s ilk and many folks use it.

When you use these targets, you need to level them reasonably well. As I get a target just right I will type in an appropriate note and save the text in a lower corner of the work sheet.

If I want a different target I just create a new worksheet, copy the existing target closest to what I want to create to the new sheet and then start modifying, relabel it for easy identification and try it out.

If my rifle is zeroed a bit high say an inch or two high at 100 yds. this gives me four targets in one by merely rotating the backer 90 degrees after each group is fired.

Enjoy

Three44s
    Last edited by Three44s; 03-03-2018 at 09:51 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12