RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Load Data Wideners

Thread: Pneumatic problem with Bullet Master

Boolit Buddy

Pneumatic problem with Bullet Master

As the headline states I have a problem with the pneumatics on my Magma Bullet Master. When casting this evening an air leak suddenly appeared. The machine still works but the left mould knocker behaves strange but still knocks so the bullets drops out. Because of the leakage my compressor runs non stop so that won't last in the long run.

After removing 2 pairs of carrier arms and a closer inspection, the leak was located to the back side of the left solenoid. It's really one way to locate this and that's to feel with your hand and fingers. It's in a very tight spot. Anyway...... The leak is on the left, wall side of the machine. I'm not sure but could this be a went hole on the solenoid, and it somehow got stuck in a partially open position?

The knocker looks a little weak, that's only natural when the preassure is a lot less than it should be because of the leak.

Any idea? A new air solenoid? Changing this could be interesting.....

Thanks!

Attacing pic

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

I think that's going to be a question for Eric at Magma. I once considered cutting a door in the side of my Mark 6, just so I could get to the darker reaches of the bottom of the machine, but I didn't do it. I had the weld break on the cam wheel that turns the carousel, and had to take just about the whole machine apart to get the wheel out.

Good luck,

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Buddy
    Yep. The thaught about cutting a chunk out of the left side of the machine has also crossed my mind! It would make things easier!

Anyway got an answer from Magma.

"...... You are going to need to purchase a 1/4” air valve solenoid conversion for $168.92 USD. This conversion comes with the solenoid as well as the plumbing that will take the solenoid out of that hole and puts it into the motor box."

I guess that would make things easier for later maintenance!

Well, they were at least able to give you an answer. I've found them to be pretty helpful at Magma.

I've only had one problem with a person there, and he sent me the wrong part, THREE TIMES! I had to finally talk to Eric to get it right.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Buddy
    I have only had good experience with Magmas customer support! The last year I don't know how many emails I've sent them needing replacement parts and support for my old machines. Elisabeth has alway answered my mails, usually the next working day or at latest the day after that.

After "talking to the guys" as she puts it, they have always been able to help me out. That's not bad for support! I'm very happy with them and do not consider any other company to equip my casting business.

Boolit Buddy
    1/4” air valve solenoid conversion for my machine fixed my problem. This conversion came with the solenoid as well as the plumbing that will take the solenoid out of the bottom of the machine and puts it into the motor box.

That's good to know. That sounds like a much better arrangement than the original installation.

Fred