MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWidenersRepackbox
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hornday lol ap issues

1browski, try lowering the decapping stem slightly. When my progressive press does that it's usually a sign the decapping stem has slid up inside the die a bit.

Boolit Bub
    Thx. I did adjust it a little down. I just forgot to mention it. I was bored and didnt want to load em all at once, so going to load the other 500 today.

I've only got about 80,000 rounds on my LnL, mostly .38's, 9x19 and .45 acp, plus a few thousand .45 Colt. It runs as smooth as can be, and always has, but I don't prime on any of my presses. When I'm ready to load, it's with sized and primed brass, with the primer pockets cleaned, and every primer set to .004" below flush. I did wear out the old Pro-Jector at somewhere over the 350,000 round mark, but Hornady completely rebuilt it for free, and a friend is now using it.

Most of the issues with any progressive press are with priming, either feeding primers or seating primers. I chose about 500,000 rounds ago to not put myself through that aggravation any longer, and started priming off press. Life has been much easier ever since.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12