Lee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxSnyders JerkyWidenersRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: ruger gp 100 327 fed

Boolit Buddy

ruger gp 100 327 fed

I see ruger re released the gp100 in 327 federal magnum . I had 1 of these a while back I bought it new in 2010 and it was a great little revolver . I let it go in a trade deal after I bought a single seven and I really regret. it I did end up with the best 9mm ive ever owned out of the deal but I still kicked myself for getting rid of the 327 . can anyone chime in on the quality of the newer gp 100's in 327 , id like to buy one but at the same time I have a newer gp100 in 357 I'm not to happy with .

Boolit Master
    Whats the trouble with the .357?

Boolit Master
    Going to have to dig up the funds for the 6 inch model!

I'd love to have one but pretty rich for my blood. Even the single sixes in .32H&R Mag seem to sell for more than I'd like to spend.

I thought ruger made guns the average guy could afford. What happened to that?

Boolit Man
    formaly Blaine, Wa. now in Los Lunas N.M.
    They are letting GUNBROKER set their prices.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by onegunred View Post
    They are letting GUNBROKER set their prices.
    LOL--that could be the case!

Had I not bought the SP-101 x 4.2" in 327 Federal last year, I might have opted for the GP-100 x 6" in 327 Federal. Other than the SP-101's high-tension spring rates, it is a good little revolver. It will be fine for the uses I assign to it--whacking rats and varmints with loads that seldom approach its max pressure rating. A 100 grain SWC at 950-1100 FPS is a right useful varmint and small game tool.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Charlie View Post
    Whats the trouble with the .357?
    well I was gonna tell you it was an inaccurate piece of junk . but today for the 1st time since before Christmas due to working mandatory overtime on weekends and or extreme cold weather I finally got some range time in . I took the gp100 with me along with my 6 inch Taurus tracker and my 6.5 inch Blackhawk also both 357's . in dunno if its been just me all along or if possibly it just needed some break in time but today the gp100 was the star of the show . I shot 50 rounds of tumble lubed 158 gr swc over 6.0 gr of herco ,50 rounds of 105 gr powder coated swc over 5 gr of pb, 50 rounds of 38 spl 158 gr powder coated swc over 4.6 gr of green dot , and a partial box of perfecta 158 gr factory ammo divided between all 3 revolvers . the black hawk shot reasonably well ,the Taurus was grouping nice but not really where I wanted it to ,but the gp100 was just hammering the centers out of the target at 25 yrds . I had more ammo and wanted to shoot more but it still was a bit cold and windy out and my hands were starting to get cold .

Boolit Master
    My pusher called, he has my next fix in, the GP100 with a 6 inch barrel!