WidenersReloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
RotoMetals2

Thread: Precision shooting with 00-Buckshot

Boolit Buddy

Precision shooting with 00-Buckshot

Hi all: if any of you are defensivie shotgunners, you might be interested in my latest video.

HRF

https://youtu.be/zEY55dq3zF0

Boolit Buddy
    Wow! No comments. I either did a really good job, or a really bad job! I hope it was the former.

HRF

hey, just watched it, you are right, it is easy to " overestimate" the size the pattern is going to be, and someone not practiced might think they can just point and shoot, maybe even from the hip. now if you practice that way of shooting, it becomes instinctive, but someone with little experience could get lucky, or not.....
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

Boolit Grand Master

For me you were kind of proving the obvious, I guess.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    For me you were kind of proving the obvious, I guess.
    I'm not sure I was proving anything. I was demonstrating something for folks who might be laboring under a misconception regarding the performance of buckshot at close distances. While I agree, this is a rather obvious truth to those with a more sophisticated knowledge of firearms; there are many out there who believe the Hollywood cliche' (where the scattergun pattern covers an entire upper torso from a few feet away) is the truth. Several such persons have commented on my youtube channel. I hope it was, at least, a bit entertaining even if the subject matter seemed obvious.

Take Care,
    HRF

Boolit Master
    The simplest way to scatter shot is to eliminate plastic wads....gas in the shot column scatters pellets.......or make your own shot from flat lead sheet cut into bits or even long strips.Experiment in a cheap ,expendable gun.

sounds like the old "dime load" what did they call them?, 2 dollar loads? because that's how much it cost to load them?
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

Boolit Master
    Good video. Subscribed.
    You have the right to force me to pay for the feeding, housing, clothing, education, and medical treatment of yourself and your children when I have THE RIGHT TO FORCE YOU TO PICK MY COTTON!

Section 1 13th Amendment to the Constitution:
    "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as punishment for a crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by pipehand View Post
    Good video. Subscribed.
    Thank you!

HRF

Boolit Master

Subscribed!!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by john.k View Post
    The simplest way to scatter shot is to eliminate plastic wads....gas in the shot column scatters pellets.......or make your own shot from flat lead sheet cut into bits or even long strips.Experiment in a cheap ,expendable gun.
    Not necessarily. Gas leaking into the shot column can cause pellets to fuse together, making a pattern so irregular that the target can either be killed twice or escape altogether. As to cutting up sheet lead, it can give very poor performance if the range is long, and if you defend yourself with it, could lead to accusations that you deliberately planned to inflict sadistic, lacerating wounds. Pure flim-fram of course, but plenty of people in courts make a good living in flim-flam.

With buckshot you are better off putting opposing flats on every pellet, either with a vice (stick them all to a piece of adhesive tape first, if the flat jaws are vertical) or by hitting each one with a hammer.

Well done! Sometime in the future can you do a similar video and comment on the effect of choke with buckshot?