RepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything

Thread: Need some 16lb green bar printer paper

Boolit Master

Need some 16lb green bar printer paper

The stuff that pdawg shooter uses. I can't find any, and a whole box of 15lb is 70 bucks. I'd be happy to purchase some off of whoever has an excess of it.

Please pm me if you have some you wouldn't mind parting with. Thanks!

Let me ask my brow tomorrow? I know we have some Greenbar, unsure of weight. How do I tell if it is 16#? hc18flyer

Boolit Master
    Thanks. I'm not 100% sure on thickness, but I'm going to guess maybe .0025?

Boolit Master

looks like the 15# is the weight of a full box, does not give a thickness of the paper. never knew that stuff was good for paper patching

Boolit Master
    Green Bar paper. Old style printer paper having perforated tear-a-way sides. Tinted with a lime green ink at its making.

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorfan View Post
    The stuff that pdawg shooter uses. I can't find any, and a whole box of 15lb is 70 bucks.
    I just finished reading pdawg's thread for myself. It left me curious enough to go over to the folks house to see what we had laying around. I found the old Citizens Printer, but it only had a couple sheets of paper. The paper was plain white, it did not have green stripes and it measured .001 thick. The box full of paper was not there...I assume long gone. I would be curious to know the thickness of the green striped paper. Never know, might be able to find an old box laying around the office.
    Boolits Feedback <> Gunbroker Feedback

Just remember son, many times free advise is worth what you pay for it. ~ My Dad

Bluegrass...the speed metal of country music!

Boolit Master
    Have a tight stainless caliper. Measured the Green Bar: .003 thousands thick.
    White/ tractor printer paper having non-tearaway edges measured .0045 thousands.

Boolit Master
    Is that the 15 lb you measured?

Boolit Buddy
    Green bar is some of the cheapest paper made, why not use some newsprint paper.
    Green bar actually has oil in it's makeup so it can go through the printer guides with out catching.
    It is not overly strong since it is so cheap, what makes it go through those high speed printers is the printer design having
    chrome plated guides and not letting the paper jamb.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jaguarxk120 View Post
    Green bar is some of the cheapest paper made, why not use some newsprint paper.
    Green bar actually has oil in it's makeup so it can go through the printer guides with out catching.
    It is not overly strong since it is so cheap, what makes it go through those high speed printers is the printer design having
    chrome plated guides and not letting the paper jamb.
    There's a big difference between the greenbar paper that we used to use and newsprint. And I'm pretty sure that there were various weights of greenbar also. I think we were using 20 lb greenbar, but that's probably been 30-40 years ago, so the memory might be a bit flaky...

Boolit Buddy
    I remember the different grades of the stuff. But most of it was of poor quality and used for reports that were looked at and then tossed
    into the trash. The worst was the four part with carbons. I do remember the green bar that was like 15 or 20 pound paper, not much of that was used, too expensive.

Boolit Master
    Interesting. I haven't had it in my hands yet, but other experienced paper patch users say it's pretty strong stuff: ie 15/16 lb green bar

Super Moderator

outdoorfan,

Iv'e got a care package for you going out on Saturday 1/6. (soonest I can get to UPS)

Boolit Master
    Much thanks! I really appreciate it!