RotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingWidenersInline FabricationRepackbox
Lee Precision

Thread: B&M 311 115 GC mould.....

Boolit Master

B&M 311 115 GC mould.....

I picked up a B&M 311 115 GC mould some time ago (it was cheap) and got around to casting with it a short while back. It is close to a Lyman 311316GC mould. The difference is that the meplat on the B&M is smaller in diameter than the one on the Lyman. It cast well. After it proved out, I sent it out and had it hollowpointed since it was a single cavity mould. It also casts well with the hollow point. I started sizing (to 0.312"), lubing, and mounting a gascheck on the ones I cast.

I assume that this was primarily for the 32-20 in a rifle. I guess it could be used in a .30 Carbine, but it does have a crimping groove and a flat point. I use the Lyman GC in an early 1990's Marlin 1894 in 32-20 with higher than Factory pressures. I will be trying this bullet the same way. I plan starting with 10gr of 2400 and work up to 12gr. This may be a while before I get them shot, but it looks like a good bullet, so I have high hopes for it.
    Last edited by Harry O; 01-12-2018 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Changed type to .30 Carbine

Boolit Master
    I suspect that boolit would be a hoot in the .30 Carbine. Years ago I got a Lyman 311033 mold which is simply a HP version of their 311008 design for the 32-20. Cast with ACWW material this one is described by a friend as being "explosive" when fired from his carbine. Feeds up correctly when the COL is adjusted to your rifle's preference. He reported it hit to the sights even with it's slightly lighter (100 grain) weight. Plain base, no problems.