Lee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyWideners
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

When they were alone, He explained all things to His disciples. MARK 4:34
    Our Solitude with Him. Jesus doesn’t take us aside and explain things to us all the time; He explains things to us as we are able to understand them. The lives of others are examples for us, but God requires us to examine our own souls. It is slow work— so slow that it takes God all of time and eternity to make a man or woman conform to His purpose. We can only be used by God after we allow Him to show us the deep, hidden areas of our own character. It is astounding how ignorant we are about ourselves! We don’t even recognize the envy, laziness, or pride within us when we see it. But Jesus will reveal to us everything we have held within ourselves before His grace began to work. How many of us have learned to look inwardly with courage?
    We have to get rid of the idea that we understand ourselves. That is always the last bit of pride to go. The only One who understands us is God. The greatest curse in our spiritual life is pride. If we have ever had a glimpse of what we are like in the sight of God, we will never say, “Oh, I’m so unworthy.” We will understand that this goes without saying. But as long as there is any doubt that we are unworthy, God will continue to close us in until He gets us alone. Whenever there is any element of pride or conceit remaining, Jesus can’t teach us anything. He will allow us to experience heartbreak or the disappointment we feel when our intellectual pride is wounded. He will reveal numerous misplaced affections or desires— things over which we never thought He would have to get us alone. Many things are shown to us, often without effect. But when God gets us alone over them, they will be clear.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master

Many just cant take that being alone - Thanks for the good lesson this morning rl69
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Grand Master

... but if God is with me I'm never alone. If God is not with me I'm always alone.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    God has indeed shown me who I am, and revealed me to, me in my worst times. Times when I may have felt alone, only to find that God is always with me, if I seek him, call on him, listen for him. He's never failed me! He didn't work things the way I wanted many times, but always the way I needed. The most peace I've found is learning to hear him, and follow his will.

Boolit Master

Amen, A great lesson.