Load DataRepackboxInline FabricationTitan Reloading
WidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sams club closing.

In Remembrance

Sams club closing.

Every sams club in the state will be closing, ALL 3 of them.
    In fact they are supposedly closed today to announce they will be closing the 26'th, makes sense to me.
    I am not a huge fan of Sams or wallmart, but I hate to see any businesses leaveing.

It sounds like they are giving all employees 60 days pay, so better than a lot of businesses, just telling their employees that are unemployed when they show up for work.
    On the bright side, they announced they want to sell everything, and sales will be up to 75% off currant prices.

I have been seeing that but also hearing , they are increasing the starting wages and giving bonuses in the WalMart stores. Maybe they are closing the non profit stores. IDK

Boolit Master

I guess Walmart will just resort to servicing AK customers utilizing their online delivery program. Probably cheaper for them to sent products already sold rather than stocking inventory. Even though there is a Walmart in the small town in Nor. CA where I lived, many folks picked up orders at the P.O rather than go to the store for pick up. With all of the increases lumped on business, this must be a strategy for trimming overhead.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Master
    Just on the news closing 63 sams clubs.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    In fact they are supposedly closed today to announce they will be closing the 26'th, makes sense to me.
    I am not a huge fan of Sams or wallmart, but I hate to see any businesses leaveing.

It sounds like they are giving all employees 60 days pay, so better than a lot of businesses, just telling their employees that are unemployed when they show up for work.
    On the bright side, they announced they want to sell everything, and sales will be up to 75% off currant prices.
    let the stampede begin
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master

Ever since Sam died their prices have risen to normal prices, we used to go twice a year and stock up, now its cheaper to watch sales and stock up localy

Boolit Grand Master

Competing with Costco is hard on them.

I suppose it's a sign of the times. I've no idea what the situation is like in Alaska, but when I can order something online and have it show up on my doorstep in 2 days, often as cheap or cheaper than I can buy it in a 'brick -n- mortar' store when said store is 30 minutes one-way from my house at minimum, I'd be foolish not to take advantage of the service, IMHO.

Last time I tried to buy a doggone dishwasher, I could not find any store that had what I wanted on-hand and had to have it delivered, anyway. What's the point of a 'brick -n- mortar' store if you have to ring-up your own purchases, waste time and gas or have stuff delivered?

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post

There is a Sam's Club about 4 miles from me that I frequent often. Actually I was there yesterday. I was surprised to find out early this afternoon that it was one of the stores that closed today, bummer.

I haven't heard anything about the 75% off sales but on the other hand, I wouldn't want to fight the crowd either.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master
    They're closing my local SAMs in Prescott Valley Arizona. That leaves me with Flagstaff or Phoenix . Too far. I will have to go with Costco in Prescott.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Sams does a heck of a lot of business here . I buy a lot of supplies for the shop . Can't believe they would close but they are probably just cutting loose the looser locations . Many chains are tightening up ..online is hurting all the brick and mortar stores .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

We ditched Sam's a few years ago when our store got junky and the quality in the grocery dept. really slid. We have been going to a BJ's warehouse and it has been much better.

In Remembrance
    It seems like Costco has better prices here anyway, But it is 370 miles to Costco. I am not much of an online shopper, but Sams did not stock anything that can not be bought in other places here, and I compared prices between them and wallmart, most items were exactly the same per unit, so you were not actually saving anything buying the bulk packages at Sams.
    It may be different in other areas.

In Remembrance
    OH yea, they did mention something about raising starting wages at wallmart to 11 bucks and change, whooptedo, I here Micky dee's starts out better than that.

Boolit Master
    Guess since sams is closing all the store in AK. They need to refund all the members that live in AK.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 1911sw45 View Post
    Guess since sams is closing all the store in AK. They need to refund all the members that live in AK.
    Hi. According to Business Insider, people affected by the closings will receive a refund on their membership fees. Ed

http://www.businessinsider.com/walma...-stores-2018-1

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by MyFlatline View Post
    I have been seeing that but also hearing , they are increasing the starting wages and giving bonuses in the WalMart stores. Maybe they are closing the non profit stores. IDK
    Spoke with a cashier at Wal-Mart this a.m. and she said that they were getting a raise and also getting their hours cut....go figure....If Sam was still alive he would be ashamed of the way mgmt treats their employees!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

That could have to do with O Care,,,I sure hope they can come up with a fair and affordable plan for everyone. I see more and more corporations cutting hours but hiring more people. Makes you wonder..

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by MyFlatline View Post
    That could have to do with O Care,,,I sure hope they can come up with a fair and affordable plan for everyone. I see more and more corporations cutting hours but hiring more people. Makes you wonder..
    I think you nailed it. The next time the dems get a president and a majority, we will have single payer.

One of the biggest fiascos that has ever ensued is having healthcare become an employer benefit. The employer does all they can to hold the monthly premiums down, meanwhile the coverage drops to the legal requirement while the co-pays and deductibles skyrocket. Care to take a guess what your auto insurance coverage would look like if it were up to your employer to buy it for you?

People are SO naïve . . . .

Healthcare will ONLY become affordable and satisfactory when it becomes susceptible to free market forces. That means when you, I and everyone else can shop around for the coverage that best suits us and our family WITHOUT the involvement of our employer and government.

Yeah I know. . . . https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=...pid%3D15.1&f=1
    Last edited by Hannibal; 01-11-2018 at 10:04 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast