Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading Everything
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017/2018 not been great so far

Boolit Buddy

2017/2018 not been great so far

Maybe I should have titled this "Precautionary Tale"

In 2016 I helped move a great woman I had known for a year (inclusive of a 2 month visit) from Maine to CA. I agreed the house needed maintenance (paint, cleaning, some other things).

I am disabled, autoimmune disorders. Means, among other things, that I can usually do three to fours heavy work a day. I can push and do more, but the cost ramps up quickly, in t5he form of mind numbing fatigue, poor coordination, etc. Which this woman knew. She was disabled, spinal damage from an industrial accident.

She pushed and pushed to get the house done, and projects completed, using the threat of her doing things herself, and further damaging her back, as emotional blackmail to keep me pushing well past what I should be doing. And then she said that every 3 months I would do something stupid to make her fight with me and break up. This caught my attention, and next it happened, I ran a test, and it was her. So, in Oct, I let her break up with me.

And then things got nasty, and things started coming out of the woodwork. Like her plan to marry and divorce me, to take my house. We never made it to marriage, so hat fizzled. And her plan to take me for palimony fizzled on the requirement for a seven year relationship.

But I am still dealing with the Sheriff's Dept. on charges she made against me to them. The good point there, is that they have decided that she is a nut case on their own, and that she forgot to tell them that she is associated with the group Anonymous Hackers. Also, they are actively investigating whether it was her, making phone calls to family members of a friend, claiming to be a detective, and trying to get information on me. Their opinion is that it likely was her, but they are investigating.

And to think, I took out a loan, and sold a number of rifles to help her move out here. And now, she is hiding, so I am having difficulty finding her, so that I can serve small court paperwork on her, for the things she took out of the house when she moved out.

But she was out of the house mid December, so I at least got to put up a tree and decorations for a few weeks. And I had family over for Christmas day, for a meal. Unfortunately, my son and his family were all ill.

Here is to hoping 2018 gets better than it has started out!
    OeldeWolf
    who may yet be kicked out of the Republik of Kalifornia for owning too many firearms.

I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain, to eat only vegetables!

Boolit Master

Start looking for a good lawyer!
    Just remember this, telling the truth in a court of law you end up the loser.
    Her lies will be more believable then your truth.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master

At least your house got a little bit of repair done. Sometimes the lord works in mysterious ways, hopefully something positive will come from this

Boolit Master

be glad you didnt get any further with her!

Maybe you oughta try being an old hermit...I don't think they have troubles with women!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Super Moderator

I had a similar experience back in 2003 with an absolute she devil nutcase. Be thankful that she's gone, trust me on that one. Filing a restraining order is what I ended up having to do.

I'm gonna be a little optimistic. I'd say it 2017/2018 was/is a great year! You got rid of her! Imagine 10 years down the road

No good deed goes unpunished
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Moderator Emeritus

I am single for a reason! Nobody underfoot driving me nuts!

Boolit Buddy

I have to agree, no good deed goes unpunished.

I checked into lawyers, the amount she owes me is too small for a lawyer, it is a small claims court amount. The problem is finding her to serve her.

Being alone in the house gets to me, I really prefer some sort of company in the house. So hermitude is probably out. Though I would also say that marriage is also out.

Yes, if it had lasted 10 yrs, I am sure I would have ended up selling the house and splitting the proceeds. And no telling what else I would have lost or had to sell in the meantime!

The house is in much better shape, but I am owing payments on the cost of the repairs and improvements. I am patching and touching up the walls she put screws and nails into, to hang things.

Tomorrow, the back room will be finished, and I am putting it up for rent. I need the income, to make the bills!
    Last edited by OeldeWolf; 01-12-2018 at 04:31 AM. Reason: typos
    OeldeWolf
    who may yet be kicked out of the Republik of Kalifornia for owning too many firearms.

Get a dog.
    Gods finest creation. So great he just spelled his own name backwards.
    When dealing with islam one should always ask themselves: "What would Leonidas do?"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by xdmalder View Post
    I'm gonna be a little optimistic. I'd say it 2017/2018 was/is a great year! You got rid of her! Imagine 10 years down the road
    ^^^^^^ THIS! Even if you never get full justice for what she took----you dodged the bullet! Count your blessings and good luck in the future.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master
    Sad to hear your troubles with this person, but happy to hear you are looking at thing in a positive way.

Just a suggestion... "Room mates" ( room for rent) can become a situation almost like the last one. Be aware of this. Have a "rental agreement"(legal document) of some kind that allows you to remove the "roommate" prior to any state/county/city laws for eviction. Meaning that if you find a need to evict the room mate for theft for example, or something that would not be legal(illegal substance use/sales), etc., then you do not have to wait for example, "30 days" to have them removed, if necessary. If it is contractual, you may be able to have them out of there in less time. This is going to depend on the laws of your area or residence.

I would recommend you do some serious research & consider a "local" attorney for legal advice on this, before you actually start renting.. Just in case...

It is your decision(s), & I wish ya G'Luck!!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Banned

Agree with all the above advice
    All of it
    I would live without electricty, cable, internet, before I rented out a room to a stranger

I am going to offer some counsel that you won't like and likely won't take. Cut your losses and walk away from her and the entire situation. Trying to extract some form or restitution will only keep you in her craziness. Let her keep the cheese and just let you out of the trap.

I second the motion for a dog. They truly care about you and wan't nothing back but your love and affection. Their needs are far less than a woman and peace will be thine!
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Buddy

Yes,I have almost always had a dog or two. Last one had to be put down as a young'un, the trainer said she had only seen one dog with worse aggression and ptsd and such in her 40 years, it was a terrible experience. But it was the best that could be done for him. I count it as a rescue, as he had a better life than most would have given him. (

I have rented out rooms before, as have a couple of friends. Not what I want, but a necessary thing in order to keep the house, and keep breathing. I have a couple of health issues, and long term I need at least some electricity and heating to survive. It will be with a contract, and clauses for early removal for things like drugs, alcohol, smoking in the house, theft, etc. I have the book on local rental laws on my dresser right now. One thing I have found, being able to refuse renting to felons does half of my weeding out for me, at the git-go.
    OeldeWolf

Boolit Buddy

I had done a background check on her before getting with her. Her record was clean. I look at small claims as more of putting out a warning to the next guy she tries to sucker in, than as actually getting what she owes me.
    OeldeWolf

Boolit Grand Master
    sounds to me like it already started out good for you
    her plans could have come to fruition and you would really be stuck
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    I am going to offer some counsel that you won't like and likely won't take. Cut your losses and walk away from her and the entire situation. Trying to extract some form or restitution will only keep you in her craziness. Let her keep the cheese and just let you out of the trap.

I second the motion for a dog. They truly care about you and wan't nothing back but your love and affection. Their needs are far less than a woman and peace will be thine!
    Sound advice. Walk away far far away.

Boolit Master

Sounds like a good excuse to get the heck out of California.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast