RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline Fabrication
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taurus Judge

Banned

heres my take on a DE. My buddy has two. One a 44 and the other a 50ae. there kind of fun to shoot because recoil is so mild for the power your getting. But there HUGE. to heavy for a belt holster and about as heavy as a light rifle. Even with my big mitts the grip is LARGE. I have a dendency to get failures to feed from using to light of a grip with them. Would I buy one. NOPE. Would I tell someone out hunting with one there a fool? NOPE. There very accurate and like I said mild recoiling. Anyone that can handle a L frame 357 can shoot either of those two calibers in one. My biggest complaint with them is there gas operated and a bugger to clean the gas system so cast bullets were about ruled out in them. With pc that might change. I don't know if the pc would plug the gas system eventually or not. I would have to guess it wouldn't. I gave my buddy a bunch of 501 pc bullets to try in his but his health hasn't let him try them yet. Even that said reineer plated bullets work fine in them and are relatively inexpensive. I shoot them out of my beo and they have performed well on deer and pigs. Bottom line to me is for what I would get out of one there just to expensive. If a 50ae was sitting in the showcase used for 500 bucks it would be awful tempting. but any more then that and ill spend the money on something a bit more practical. A 44 wouldn't interest me because I already have so many 44s that some sit for years without being shot. I don't need another that about needs a wheel barrow to haul around.

Banned
    Very well put. My Desert Eagel 44 mag with scope is a handful. Would I pick it up for a midnight intruder? Nope, I'd grab my 1911 or Model 23 Glock or a simple 9mm. Nothing with a light or laser. Any pick I would make would be much more accurate in my hands than a Judge and certainly less likely to lock up.

Boolit Buddy
    I was debating several years ago about whether to get a .44 Mag or a .45 Colt revolver. Over two successive weekends in January I found over a hundred pieces of brass in the brass buckets at the range for .45 Colt. That decided it for me. Bought a .45 Colt/.45 ACP convertible Blackhawk and been loving it ever since. Over the preceeding 10 years or so I'd found maybe five .45 Colt cases and 2-3 .44 Mag cases. Everybody I've ever seen shoot the .44/.45 revolvers at the range saves their brass.

I figured someone got a Judge for Christmas and was just blasting away. Not being a "serious" .45 Colt revolver, they weren't a reloader and so no reason to save the brass. My gain!

Moderator Emeritus

Dont have a Judge but have shot them....bought a Governor and I shoot 4 Critical Defense 2-1/2" .410 loads with 2 Critical Defense 45 Colt for my home combination.....in the field I carry 4 7-1/2 loads of .410 with 2 45 colt rounds for snakes and other critters......
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    Dont have a Judge but have shot them....bought a Governor and I shoot 4 Critical Defense 2-1/2" .410 loads with 2 Critical Defense 45 Colt for my home combination.....in the field I carry 4 7-1/2 loads of .410 with 2 45 colt rounds for snakes and other critters......
    What kind of groups/patterns do you get with a Governor?

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by str8wal View Post
    What kind of groups/patterns do you get with a Governor?
    Most of my shooting is done at 35 feet or less with 45 acp or 45 colt.....decent accuracy with both 1" to 1-1/2"; 410 Critical Defense is great (wanting to try them on a wild hog---will report on the results when I get to); 7-1/2 410 snake loads are good to about 20 feet.....I just really like the gun due to the my needs.....plus the versatility: 45 acp; 45 colt; 45 scofield; and 410 all rolled into one package.....
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12