MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Load Data Wideners

Thread: Nipple Wrench for Pedersoli 209 Primer Conversion Nipple?

Boolit Mold

Nipple Wrench for Pedersoli 209 Primer Conversion Nipple?

I have gotten a Pedersoli 209 primer conversion nipple that I want to use on my T/C Hawken. When you remove the cap that contains the firing pin, the nipple base has 8mm or 5/16" flats for a wrench. There is insufficient clearance on the Hawken for a regular open-end wrench or pliers.

Do any of the nipple wrenches on the market have a 8mm or 5/16" slot on one end for nipples with this flat size.

I see that the 209 primer nipples on Traditions in-line breech plugs have flats that look to be about the right size and that Traditions makes a wrench for them. But I have no way of finding out what the dimensions are. Do any of you have a Traditions 209 primer in-line that you could measure for me?

Boolit Master
    I noticed that when I first modified my non Pedersoli adapters and I took the correct size open end wrench and ground the outside of the opening to make the wrench very narrow. I also shortened the length slightly and the newly modified open end wrench works fine. It does not have to be very accurate so I used my bench grinder.

Get some high temp pipe Teflon tape and cut short, narrow pieces to wrap the adapter threads in so there will be no leakage and the adapter will come out easily.

I also cut off a short section of a drill bit that was the same ID as the adapter to "wipe" carbon out of the inside after each shot. I forget the size of the drill bit?

Last hint is to wet the 209 primer with your lips before inserting and it will come out much easier after firing. Good luck and the ignition will be much greater than a cap.
    John