Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyStainLess Steel MediaRotoMetals2
Graf & SonsInline FabricationTitan ReloadingADvertise here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saw a neat old 45 acp tonight

Thumbs up

My story doesnt even compare with most of these.

I have never been much of a pistol person but have always wanted a 1911. I finally got one a couple years ago, it is/was brand new GI model and looks very much like the originals. I have never been happier with a firearm purchase! The problem is that now I want to buy at least one war model.
    Short,Fat,and Slow,,,Yup I love the .45

Boolit Master

knifemaker,

About 30 years ago I had a conversation with a Pierce (Tacoma) County Sheriffs Deputy in a gun shop. He carried a National Match loaded with the Lyman 454424. He was in foot pursuit of a felon and decided to shoot him. Just as the hammer fell, a stop sign post (4X4) got in between him and his suspect's calf. The boolit went through the post and took two inches out of the felon's shin bone.

He liked his NM too.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Cat, my department, as most, did not allow reloaded ammo for duty and I was not satisfied with most factory ammo that we had in the 80's. So what I did was to order Winchester factory primed brass and "custom" loaded it with Sierra 185 gr. HP and a stiff load of Unique powder where I was able to achieve 1100 fps and carried that ammo on duty as it was not reloaded ammo. I removed the factory recoil spring and installed a 18 pound wolf recoil spring and also a neoprene buffer in the gun to protect it from excessive battering damage. That gun was so reliable that it would feed empty sized 45 cases from the magazine. The gun I carried prior to getting the National Match 45 was a S&W model 57 in 41 magnum. That revolver was a great one for penetration into vehicles.
    Last edited by knifemaker; 01-14-2018 at 01:38 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12