MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad DataInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingPBcastcoRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kimber building new production plant in Alabama

Boolit Master
    Not related to firearms, but somewhat related, Toyota and Mazda today announced they're building a plant in Huntsville.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by higgins View Post
    Not related to firearms, but somewhat related, Toyota and Mazda today announced they're building a plant in Huntsville.
    The state of Alabama has been making the right moves inviting big business to Alabama and enticing them with attractive financial packages. There has been several new plants built ina and around the South over the past several years.

Great to see another firearms maker moving here to Bama.

-Butchman

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post
    The state of Alabama has been making the right moves inviting big business to Alabama and enticing them with attractive financial packages. There has been several new plants built ina and around the South over the past several years.
    Alabama is no different than any other state trying to entice businesses by offering tax incentives. The plus for Alabama and other southern states is the average wage is lower than it is in states like Illinois and Iowa for example. Unfortunately in some of the southern states there is a larger percentage of people that don't have a high school education or a tech school degree let alone college.

Boolit Master

In the Heart of N Alabama smack dab along Tornado Alley.
    Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    It would have been nice for them to have stopped off in NC, but it's a major step in the right direction.
    We're also getting a Toyota-Mazda plant near Huntsville that will provide some 4000 jobs plus the spinoffs. Toyota already has an engine plant in Huntsville.

Remington has been producing firearms in Huntsville for around two years.

BTW, North Carolina offered Toyota/Mazda almost twice the $$$ in tax incentives as Alabama did and we still got the plant.
    Last edited by Rick N Bama; 01-12-2018 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Updating info
    Democracy is two wolves and a
    lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting
    the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

In Remembrance
    It is a win win for Kimber. Kimber and Alabama alike. Kimber will no doubt be taxed less and way less for a number of years. They will also have a workforce that costs less in several ways, wages just being one of them. What folks sometimes have a hard time understanding is , just because a person in Alabama makes less per hour than one in NY, does not mean he can not afford the same or even a better quality of life than someone making considerably more in other states.

As far as Alabama not having as high a percentage of college grads, I do not see that as a problem at all, excepting it may be hard to convince them rednecks they need to pay union dues. lol

Boolit Master

If they come out with an SEC model they'll double their sales. Us illiterate rednecks and deplorables down henh wat love our colige teams do got a little buying power.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Boolit Master
    People can go right out of the door of Troy University and put in their resume. Or Auburn, or Alabama, or any number of good colleges and universities.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    We would have welcomed them to Tennessee with all the other manufacturers who have arrived lately (and are still coming).

Boolit Grand Master

There would have been welcome in Arkansas too! Good for Alabama, and good for the South.

Boolit Master

In the Heart of N Alabama smack dab along Tornado Alley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    People can go right out of the door of Troy University and put in their resume. Or Auburn, or Alabama, or any number of good colleges and universities.
    Plus numerous Community Colleges teaching skills used by Kimber, Remington, Toyota, Kia, etc. Cullman County is home to one of the largest with some 6000 students attending earning associates degrees in various technical skills from accounting to welding. There are 4 such schools within commuting distance of my home plus three 4-year colleges.
    Democracy is two wolves and a
    lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting
    the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Boolit Master

Yankees can say what they like about southerners but I have always considered myself a southerner even though I was born and raised in east/central Kentucky and never lived below the Mason/Dixon line, though I only live about 50 miles from where some think that line was drawn. My son works as a plant superintendent for Toyoto Enterprises in Alabama. There are clods everywhere including the south ... but there are plenty in the north as well, especially in the northeast and upper midwest. Be careful about casting aspersions. We need to remember that we are one nation, under God, indivisible ... and we are going to need every vote we can get in the next couple of elections. Big Boomer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12