RotoMetals2Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Lee PrecisionRepackboxLoad DataTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kimber building new production plant in Alabama

Boolit Grand Master

Kimber building new production plant in Alabama

Kimber announced it plans on building a new plant in Alabama for 2019. One could only imagine why they wouldn't stay in Yonkers. Here is the article:

For Immediate Release Kimber Announces Manufacturing Expansion in Alabama YONKERS, N.Y., January 9, 2018 — Kimber Mfg., Inc., a leading American firearms manufacturer, today announced that it has finalized plans to expand manufacturing operations to Alabama. Kimber will begin operations in early 2019, with a new design engineering and manufacturing facility in the City of Troy.

Once a small manufacturing company based in Yonkers, NY, Kimber has grown at a rapid pace over the past 21 years with locations in the New York metro area and Montana. The new Troy facility will double Kimber’s manufacturing capacity.

“Due to an unprecedented year-over-year growth in demand, every time the company has embarked upon a planned expansion, the newly created capacity is exhausted before the expansion is complete,” said James Cox, Kimber’s chief financial officer. “As we continue to move into uncharted waters in regards to Kimber product demand, it was important to us to build a facility that will allow us to secure a significant new plateau of capacity.”

“We are pleased with the impressive track record that Alabama has with attracting and retaining world-class manufacturing companies,” said Leslie Edelman, Kimber’s president and chief executive officer. “Growing our company intelligently depends significantly on being in the right manufacturing environment, and in Troy, we have a community dedicated to our long-term success. Working with the Alabama Department of Commerce as well as Mayor Jason Reeves and his team has been a pleasurable and rewarding experience.”

“We will be building a large, automated, state-of-the-art design engineering and manufacturing facility in Troy to support Kimber’s growth plan and strategy,” said Greg Grogan, Kimber’s chief operating officer. “Troy offers us expansion with a passionate workforce, affordable utility costs, a pro-business environment, experienced local training support, and long-term incentives from the State of Alabama and the City of Troy alike. This expansion, in conjunction with our existing manufacturing facilities, talented and experienced employees, and best-in-class products provides for exciting times here at Kimber.”

“This is a dream come true for the City of Troy and for me personally; a firearms manufacturing company with such a stellar brand as Kimber, creating jobs and capital investment for the community,” said Jason Reeves, Mayor of the City of Troy. “Troy has a strong manufacturing base and Kimber will certainly, positively add to that.”

Boolit Master

Roll Tide and good on Kimber!
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Quote Originally Posted by Hogtamer View Post
    Roll Tide and good on Kimber!
    Didn't Alabama beat Georgia lol, but seriously I'm glad to hear about this, the country needs jobs and this will provide them for the good folks in Alabama.
    The only thing we are afraid of is our own abilities once you get to the point where you don't care about your abilities they become limitless

Boolit Master
    I work in Yonkers and drive by Kimber on a regular basis. The City of Yonkers, the County of Westchester in which it lays and the State of NY are all not gun friendly with high taxes to boot. Just another industry leaving NY.

Boolit Master
    Too bad I'm a bit old, or I'd be headed there. It's not too far from here.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Bub
    Glad to see success in the industry. Never could figure out why they'd locate in NY in the 1st place. Must've been a reason.

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Remington isn't far behind. NY state is unfortunately governed by the cesspools on the Hudson.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodore Roosevelt
    No man is above the law and no man is below it: nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it.

Banned
    Don't they need literate people?

Boolit Master
    Good luck Kimber. I have a Kimber, Very well built firearm. I hope this works out well fro them.

Boolit Grand Master

Yep, that's why they're going to Alabama to avoid the cesspool political system in NY. Ever hear the term, "Save your Confederate money, the South's gonna rise again?"
    We Southerners welcome the Yankey jobs and money. It would have been nice for them to have stopped off in NC, but it's a major step in the right direction.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Banned
    The liberal, high tax, union controlled northern states are losing their industrial base at a phenomenal rate. And if we're talking about the firearms industry, there's even more incentive to relocate to the south.

They did it to themselves and have NO one else to blame.

High Taxes, expensive labor, excessive regulation, expensive energy and poor infrastructure have consequences.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blindeye View Post
    Glad to see success in the industry. Never could figure out why they'd locate in NY in the 1st place. Must've been a reason.
    must have been the taxes
    I agree almost as bad a Kommifornia
    Seems the make America Great Again is starting
    better late than never
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    They are spread out quite a bit. There is a facility about five miles from me that does handguns, and a rifle facility about 20 miles west.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    Don't they need literate people?
    Probably can use a few that aren't too sharp. Go ahead and apply.....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    Probably can use a few that aren't too sharp. Go ahead and apply.....
    I would but I enjoy work with a challenge. Besides you were already in line and I would hate to take your job from you

Boolit Grand Master

The ribbing has been fun but let's not take it any further and keep the thread on track please.

Boolit Master

Gov. Andy is too busy taxing us to give his contributors huge money to "grow business". Sorry, but I can't wish anyone ill for moving to a gun business friendly area.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master

For some reason, I doubt Kimber will have as much trouble setting up production as Remington did setting up Marlin.

Just a guess.
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Gov. Andy is busy giving free college and family leave, while the state is $4 billion in a hole. NY has lost 1 million people since the manchild Cuomo became governor. He is trying to buy a spot on the Democratic ticket in 2020 by squeezing hardworking NYers and giving their money to every fringe group he can buy.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shawlerbrook View Post
    He is trying to buy a spot on the Democratic ticket in 2020 by squeezing hardworking NYers and giving their money to every fringe group he can buy.
    Typical modus operandi of the left.
    Spend, spend, spend. After all, it's not your money, isn't that what the democrats said under Obama?
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast