Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataRepackbox
WidenersLee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Need info on Lachmiller and CH vintage presses

Boolit Mold

Need info on Lachmiller and CH vintage presses

I was gifted two vintage presses: a Lachmiller shotgun press and a CH press with 3 stations. I would like to learn more about these from those who appreciate vintage presses.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DCP_2647.jpg   DCP_2648.jpg   DCP_2649.jpg   DCP_2550.jpg   DCP_2548.jpg  

DCP_2551.jpg   DCP_2643.jpg  

Your CH press is called a Model 333
    I have one and it's solidly built. If you decide to use all 3 stations at the same time it gets a little confusing. Concentration is the key. That bracket will hold a powder measure, the one attached to the outside die. Being gifted one is a definite plus!
    Last edited by Cougar Hunter; 01-08-2018 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Spelling

I was just looking at your pic's. The priming arm is missing from the CH. It attaches to the empty hole in the base under the centre shell holder. This press is long obsolete so I hope you have one as a replacement would be difficult to find.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Hunter View Post
    I was just looking at your pic's. The priming arm is missing from the CH. It attaches to the empty hole in the base under the centre shell holder. This press is long obsolete so I hope you have one as a replacement would be difficult to find.
    Thanks. Actually the priming arm is under the far left bullet holder. It is hidden by the fact the press is covering the holder. Nice to know I do not have to find another one.

Boolit Master
    The Lachmiller Is a Modified Super Jet. . . Original Super Jets had 2 Measures that were manual operated. . left and Right. That one my be correct But I am not shure
    the Ch 333 can be Updated Ch4d has Parts. they can supply an Auto Prime on the left Station. and they do have Parts.
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master

I have owned 3 of the Model 333's by C&H. They are great little machines. My presses were all smooth operating and very handy once you established a working pattern with them. My son and grandson's have them now. I have been on the lookout for another one for myself but so far, no go. People who have them want to hold on to them or are asking an arm and a leg for them. My first 333 was given to me as a Christmas present by my parents in about 1964 or 65, memory fails me as tot he exact year. I have a Lachmiller pyramid press right now and I like it also. my experience anyway, james

Boolit Master

Alturas, California...where the west still lives!
    I picked up a 444 (four die version) in a trade and set it up to load 7.62 x 39. Sizing is done at the rear station, always. The next step is priming, using the left die station. Charging and seating are done in the middle and final crimping on the right. It's an easy left to right process and almost as fast as a progressive...........almost. My press is bolted to a 1/4" piece of plate steel that quickly fastens to my versions of the Lee docking system and the whole thing is quite handy.

Boolit Master

The older C&H 333 presses had the priming under the middle die hole, all of mine did. I still have one of the primer stems for it. They later moved them up onto the press on the left hand side (I believe--might want to check that). james