Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Load DataRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWideners
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: Fie 45 cal Kentucky style muzzle loader

Boolit Buddy

Fie 45 cal Kentucky style muzzle loader

Almost 20 years ago I watched my uncle fire his muzzle loader on the evening of the last day of deer season. For whatever reason near the breach, the top of the barrel split. He looked for a barrel for a few years but never found one. Do any of you guys know about these fie rifles or a place to get replacement parts? I’d love to take him a new barrel so he could get his prized 45 back in the woods.

Andy

Boolit Grand Master

If I remember correctly FIE was just an import company so it would depend on who actually made the gun. If that is the case there is a good chance one of the old CVA or Traditions barrels would work. They imported from the same company as well as many other dealers that imported from the same place(Jukar) and also put their names on it. Did the rifle have a two piece stock with a brass spacer in the middle?
    Aim small, miss small!

Banned

what type of breech plug, flat faced or patent w/ante-chamber? is the barrel fully off the breech and are the breech threads in good condition?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by mooman76 View Post
    If I remember correctly FIE was just an import company so it would depend on who actually made the gun. If that is the case there is a good chance one of the old CVA or Traditions barrels would work. They imported from the same company as well as many other dealers that imported from the same place(Jukar) and also put their names on it. Did the rifle have a two piece stock with a brass spacer in the middle?
    Yes the spacer is about where a half stock would end

Boolit Buddy
    The Breech is still on the barrel. But I think it’s not removable

Boolit Grand Master

See if you can find some other markings on the barrel. Probably something like Jukar Spain.
    Aim small, miss small!

Boolit Buddy
    Keep checking on Ebay. I see those type barrels every now and then. FIE muzzleloaders were Italian made I believe. Check this PDF for info on your rifle.https://www.gunvaluesboard.com/itali...t.-126138.html

Boolit Master
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Completed Jukar Flintlock Rifle 001.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	211456
    Any of the Barrel makers could supply a Tube to repair the Rifle.The Jukars where 1 in 66 twist as I remember.a suitable Breach Plug would be needed to fit the stock.