Reloading EverythingLoad DataRepackboxWideners
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOE customer service

Boolit Buddy

NOE customer service

A while back I had an average to poor experience with NOE. The molds (three of the same bullet) were ok, but they throw really heavy for thier listed weight (almost 10%) and it took forever to break them in, even following thier procedure. Today they cast good bullets, but it took a long time to get there. The more dissapointing thing was the lack of communication from NOE. I sent several emails with no response.

I committed to not buying another of thier molds. Fast forward a few years and they have a mold I'd like, and nobody else has... ok, I'll give it another try. Mold (and some other stuff) was ordered on Jan 1... it shipped today... dissapointed again...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Strange, I've always found their communication to be pretty good. The shipping can be a bit hit or miss around busy times of the year (like now), but has never been bad.

Sorry you found them to be disappointing. Compared to some of the MiHec group buys I've seen, a week to ship is like the blink of an eye lol

Boolit Buddy
    In my opinion they make good moulds but my experience is that they throw a bit too heavy and too fat for my use. In many calibers I ve had they had to be sized down 4-5 thau. That's a bit much for my star to handle so I wore out some parts that need changed. After that I went for Magma moulds and have never looked back.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Ai had a 20% off sale awhile back he may be a bit behind on orders. I've had excellent service from NOE

Boolit Grand Master

Nothing but excellent service on my end but I understand how a small business operates ....I own one.
    Things happen, people get sick , a machine breaks down, a vehicle breaks down , power goes out....some people only care about instant service, right now !
    Give the guy a break, have some understanding ...be nice .
    7 days between order and ship that's not bad....order a Randall Made Knife and see how long that takes.
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Bub
    I've got 4 molds and multiple push through sizing bushings to go along with the die set. Nothing but great results here. All bullets are dead on with weights.

Boolit Buddy
    I talked to Al this morning and he said the big sale they had put them behind. Nice fellow. Very helpful.

Boolit Master

I don't think it was more than a week from order to delivery of a .309 150-3R GC Spitzer Boolit. This is the one and only mold I have ever bought where the first cast were keepers. It took 2 for the NOE 224 RN PB. 2 pours. I own a lot of Lee because they are affordable (mostly handgun calibers) 3 SAECO, and 1 RCBS. The NOE molds are among the finest I own.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

Boolit Mold

I have 30+ NOE moulds and love every one of them. Al has always been helpful and friendly. I’m glad he’s in business, and if the worst thing that happens to me is to wait a few days to get a mould, then life is good.

Boolit Master

Sorry you've had a bad experience. I've got a dozen or so molds and sizers all within stated specs. Al doesn't respond well via email but always answers the phone. He also responds well at his forum.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

N.O.E. molds have been nothing but JOY for me.
    I hope your disappointment is turned to joy when this mold arrives.

I had some concerns about the sizer system and Al was right on it. He did the right things and responded with several calls following my emails where he helped me understand where “I” was mistaken. He showed great patience and was very helpful.I understand the frustration but Glad you are giving them another chance.
    Dave

Boolit Buddy
    I have quite a collection of his molds for my 35's. He mistakenly sent me an aluminum mold on an order a year or so ago. I contacted him about it, he had a new mold in the mail the next day and told me to hang onto the one he sent by mistake. Pretty hard to beat that kind of service.

I bought a mold from NOE, it works like dream.
    Wanted to buy another, but he never came back to me regarding the purchase of the second one, sent a few e-mails, no reply.
    So I got one from MP instead, no problems with the communication there.

I have purchased five NOE molds and their bullet sizing bushing system over the past year. Both Al and the members of his forum gave me a lot of help in learning how to use brass molds with heavy sprue plates. The operate a lot different than the Lee molds I had been using. All of my molds cast the size and weight that is stamped on the mold. My guess is that depends on the alloy and temperatures you are running.

After my customer service experience with NOE, I don't want to shop anywhere else if NOE has the product I want.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I have a 279-124 @ 2795-127 .
    225-55 @ 225-62
    459-543 @ 460-535

As far as under over goes they are very close to dead on . Of the 6 orders I've made only 1 has had any delay and that was only a few days just about opening of hunting season for Utah and everything is closed in the small towns the first week .
    Last edited by Harter66; 01-09-2018 at 03:54 PM.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Master
    You are complaining about a man taking a chunk of aluminum, cutting, chopping, grinding, slicing, and drilling it for you to launch what it makes at hundreds to thousands of feet per second from a controlled explosion. Let him take the week to make sure its right.

Boolit Master
    I sent Al my 360-180-WFN RG4 brass mold because I couldn't get consistent hollow point fill out. He ran it, said it was ok and that I needed to run it hotter than I had been, hotter melt as well. I offered to pay for the return shipping cost and he declined saying it was part of their service.

Al was right, I ran it hotter and it's been great.
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

You win some and you lose some. Give them another shot and see how it goes. They do make a beautiful mold
    And just for your info... casting with a single cavity is about as close as you can get to zero production, while still having some production. -- Whitespider

Super Moderator

I have had good service from NOE over the years. I learned early on though that he doesn't respond well to email. If I have legit questions or issues, I will call him on the phone. Lately Accurate has been getting a lot of my business, as NOE seems to not have what I wanted in stock.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast