RepackboxReloading EverythingInline FabricationLee Precision
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWideners
RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NOE customer service

Even with all the comments regarding NOE molds I felt compelled to add. There are a number of AL's molds here and I have had complete satisfaction with them all as well as with his customer service. NOE molds have been and continue to be my first stop when looking for a new Bullet mold. I especially like the published drawings and dimensions that are posted for each design on his site. I have a good idea what I'm getting before hand. Not like other production molds which are basically the luck of the draw. I consider them to be "semi custom".

I once got a personal phone call from Al himself apologizing for the wait regarding an order and said that it had been misplaced and was on the way. How many times has anyone gotten that kind of call from the owner of any company apologizing for anything.

Mistakes can be made. I made one once too but can't remember when it was any more. A little courtesy and humility go a long way in solving problems.

Boolit Bub
    I have over 13 of NOE's molds, the only problems incurred were self induced. Shipping was very fast for the last frontier too. No complaints here. bushman

Boolit Buddy
    In my experience, NOE makes good molds and customer service is good — as long as you like what they make and are willing to accept their tolerances. I have a pile of NOE molds that are fine. I had one that cast too big with my alloy so I sent it back with no luck. So, after a couple of thousand dollars worth if NOE molds in the cabinet, I discovered Accurate Molds. AM adjusts their tolerances to suit yours and they tailor cavity geometry to suit the specific alloy that you plan to use. In my opinion they are head and shoulders above NOE for that reason.

I got some molds from AL and have no problems with them. What I do is call Al and make my order and take care of every thing then and get it most of the time early then he said I would.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Vendor Sponsor

OK I will pile on .. I have around 20+ NOE Molds .. so yes I have ordered often
    Only once was there a problem . Order was misplaced .. I called he found order and shipped that day .. hey stuff happens .. I also have 3 very small businesses ..sometimes you get overloaded, things break, supplies don't arrive when promised (that's a big one for me) weather ect
    Once he actually shipped my order BEFORE I paid..
    All I can say is in my experiences Al is a stand up guy
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

I'm A Honcho!
    Good Evening Gentleman

Al has always been great to deal with.
    He usually always answers the phone and if a mistake is made he is the first one to step up and make it right!
    Here’s my example I ordered a sc311 165 ranch dog mold and received a tumble lube design.
    I got a call from Al about a day and a half later saying I got the wrong mold.
    I had not even opened the box yet but said ok. He said the whole run was miscut and my new mould was enroute and I can just keep them both for my troubles!!
    He is a stand up guy running a small business on a budget. He does not have unlimited staff or equipment so some patience is required.
    In this day and age I believe people have forgot to give grace because we are all not amazon or McDonald’s!!
    I also own a small business and is is not always peaches and cream!!

Wasalmonslayer

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    'Nothing but praise from me for NOE. They have worked with me to my satisfaction on any issue, and without delay or complications.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Buddy
    ive had very good luck with arsenal molds, both in quality and service, price, too

Boolit Master

Just received a 460-350-RF from Al the other day. It was about a week coming. That to me is quite prompt. I cleaned the mold with hot soapy water per instructions. I preheated it (but did not smoke the cavities) and went to casting. After a few wrinkles everything soothed out and it dropped beautiful boolits. I used air cooled COWW and they dropped at .461. I am one happy customer. I can see more NOE molds in my future.

Boolit Buddy
    I own 3 NOE molds as well as other NOE accessories. Shipping was always prompt and service was excellent! Only hiccup ever came about from an order containing some 30 cal. gas checks. I was at the tail end of his supply and had to wait a bit for them to ship. Only a couple of days extra. No big deal.
    I have never talked to Al on the phone, only emails, and he has always been very responsive. Never a problem.
    Personally, I wouldn't consider waiting 7 days for my item to ship a "wait". I certainly wouldn't be upset. Sounds pretty responsive to me.
    YMMV

Boolit Mold

I tried to order a mold for my .480 Ruger's off their website. I couldn't get my credit card to take for payment so I called them. The guy who answered was really nice and apologized, told me I was on their new website and they were in the process of making the switch. Use the old site he said. One week later I received a beautifully machined 3 cavity 384gr PB .475 mold and handles. I have been using Lee molds exclusively, and with this NOE it is like going from a Ford Tempo to a Mercedes 560! Cast almost 500 boolits today and they popped right out and the mold was flawless! 5 stars.
    ABS Apprentice Bladesmith
    USMC Veteran
    VFW Life Member

"Retreat? Hell, we just got here!"
    Captain Lloyd Williams, USMC
    Battle Of Belleau Wood June 1918

Boolit Master

I have ordered molds, handles, sizers, expanders, gas checks, etc. The ordering process has been great with timely shipping. I did notice that responses to electronic inquiries like email or via their online form, don't get timely responses. I've still yet to get a response to a question filed on their online page. However, when I've called, Al has been really helpful. I think they are a standup company with good products, even if I agree that their molds throw a little fat and a little heavy compared to some of the others that I own. I will gladly continue to do business with them.

I have 7 of them and have found them to be a cut above. He even worked with mo to make a 6.5 X 55 mold for my short throat Norwegian Krag that shoots very tight groups at 100 yds. Love 3 cavity, 2 cavity are OK and I have one 5 cavity that works well and his handles are a cut above..

Boolit Master

I have a plethora of Noe molds, always enjoy casting with every one of them, and have had no issues when I needed to contact them. They cast a tiny bit heavy, but I attribute that to my melt recipe. They also cast close to the listed diameter. I haven’t had any issues sizing the bullets from their molds! I wonder what happened to cause the op his problems?

Boolit Man
    I happened to be in Provo Utah last week and stopped by NOE and bought some moulds. I got to try my 357 hollow point last night. I think I am pouring a little cold but they fell right out on the first try and just kept getting better. Al was interesting to meet, good to work with and he will absolutely get some more of my money!

tried to reach them couple times for a mold i wanted. never got a simple reply. maybe they don't need more business...turned my back and went with accurate and Tom. glad NOE never responded to my enquiries. Tom is the kind of knowledgeable guy i want to give my business to...

Boolit Master

Don't have a single NOE mold but do have some of their tools. Couple weeks back, I e-mailed a question about a glitch I was experiencing with an NOE nose-sizer set-up...turned out that the Lyman top punch I had was an RCH too short to clear the boolit I was sizing from the die. Anyway, instead of e-mailing, Al CALLED me after hours and, between the two of us, we identified the problem and a couple potential fixes. How's that for customer service?

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraschenbirn View Post
    Don't have a single NOE mold but do have some of their tools. Couple weeks back, I e-mailed a question about a glitch I was experiencing with an NOE nose-sizer set-up...turned out that the Lyman top punch I had was an RCH too short to clear the boolit I was sizing from the die. Anyway, instead of e-mailing, Al CALLED me after hours and, between the two of us, we identified the problem and a couple potential fixes. How's that for customer service?

Bill
    I had the same experience and my problem was my fault ,but he got me fixed up ! And by the way I also have Accurate molds because how do you choose between two great mold makers?

Boolit Grand Master

Al has always treated me quite well and I have several of his moulds and other products. I've had one of his moulds on the shelf for a couple of years and finally got to cast with it for the first time a few days ago. I've had a few of Al's moulds that took a session or two to cast to my satisfaction but this one started dropping great boolits almost from the first pour. I can't ask for a better product or service. I've had the same experience with Tom, both are great guys and I recommend them often.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12